• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question About Oakley O Stores & About Face Type & Styles

Raelthorne

Oakley Beginner
Hi folks,

I'll be travelling around the East coast in May & I'd like to get some customized Oakleys.

I'll be in Washington DC and New York so there'll be two O Stores near me plus a Vault in Woodbury Common. I was wondering, can you get customized glasses in the O Stores there and then, or is it a case of picking what you want in store and waiting for an order to arrive from a factory elsewhere.

Secondly, I'm a big guy 6' 5", I'm approx 250lbs and I have a large head :)

Can you recommend what styles might suit me. I used to wear prescription glasses and I've been told that rectagular or squarer shaped glasses would suit my facestyle. I've been told I look a lot like Greg Grunberg, if that helps.

Please advise & many thanks,

Raelthorne

Greg Grunberg appears to have a well proportioned face that Oakleys will fit well. Oakley has favored bigheads for the last half a decade so you should have an easy time finding something that fits you. Having an Edward Norton head means heads my size have been neglected.

Greg Grunberg appears to have a well proportioned face that Oakleys will fit well. Oakley has favored bigheads for the last half a decade so you should have an easy time finding something that fits you. Having an Edward Norton head means heads my size have been neglected.

Yeah, but most of the bighead pairs are boxy. Medium and smaller heads get all the Jackets, Dogs, and similar sleek designs.

You can do custom in-store with the exception of Icons... But you should be able to get the Model/Frame Color/Lens you want...

OakMan is right with all those frames... Also try a Pit Boss

Radar XL would work they look great for anything I think, Sports or just to wear around and they are super easy to change the lenses!!

Back