• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question about old vs new X-Metals

Corporalq

Oakley Beginner
Okay, I own 2 pair of X-Metals. I recently purchased the Ferrari Badmans, but I also own a pair of Juliets. I know that the new frames are made of aluminum, but what were the Juliet frames made of?

Okay, I own 2 pair of X-Metals. I recently purchased the Ferrari Badmans, but I also own a pair of Juliets. I know that the new frames are made of aluminum, but what were the Juliet frames made of?
"X-Metal is reserved for those models made at our Nevada factory... like Romeo, Juliet, XX, Penny, etc.

Jim"

2 pair of X-Metals you say? I cannot concur. ;)

:D

The whole Idea of calling the Bad and Mad man new x metals is disturbing (for me)
But hey thats what marketing does.
Polish a Chinese turd and sell it as a Jewel

Mythbusters once did a test of the saying "you can't polish a turd". Though at first it seemed impossible to disprove, they did eventually bust it.

It was done by hand, using a Japanese art technique known as dorodango. Using a glossmeter, anything higher than 70 gloss units is considered "high gloss"; Jaime polished a lion turd to 183 gloss units...

/FOUK

Last edited:
Back