• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question About Romeo 1.0

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
I've heard that the Romeo 1.0 is really wide. Is it as wide as the Romeo 2.0? I have a Romeo 2.0 with size 15 shocks and they can be slipped on my face without flexing the coupler.

I mostly worried about the lenses cracking on the 1.0 but a I've heard that they are wide, I was hoping to get a comparison with the width of a 2.0.

The 1.0 are really wide. I owned a pair for half a day because I could'nt wear them. They were way too wide for my face. I have never owned a 2.0 so i can't tell you how they compare.

i've had both. the Romeo2 is wider at the tips of the earstems so they slip on and off easier. The romeo feels more like a juliet - the earstems curve around the back of your head and grip. the FRONT is wider though, so its more of an appearance thing than how easy it is to take on/off.

again, the lens cracking issue is only if you dont take care of it as you would flex couplers. wearing them by sliding them on "goggle style" from over the top of your head will mean that you dont push the earstems open as wide, and will mean less stress on the lens. unless your head is the size of a watermelon it shouldnt have any issues. there are more than a handful of romeo wearers on here (Herbs and myself included) with no lens issues so far.

I wear my Romeo 1 with 50 or 25 t shocks for some reason is wider fit on me, but like my XS and XX with 15 it really tight fit already....

I wear my Romeo 1 with 50 or 25 t shocks for some reason is wider fit on me, but like my XS and XX with 15 it really tight fit already....

there is some variation with romeo fit because alot of the flex comes from the lens and gaskets. so if the lenses are cut abit larger than average, the frame will fit tighter. same goes with new rubber gaskets all round..

How easy is it to crack the lenses on the 1.0? Is it a gradual thing or could it happen at any time you put on the glasses?

Personally, i feel that it can happen any time. The cracking, i believe, happens when the orbitals are forced inwards when you put them on. This applies pressure to the sides of the lenses and that's when the lenses crack. My lenses are cut thinner and smaller at the grooves near the nosepiece so yea, so far so good.

Key to avoiding spider cracks is to put the R1s on without stretching the earstems out too much when putting them on.. a very fragile pair sadly

Damn.

So putting them on like goggles is the best way? From front to back or back to front when putting them on? When I put on snowboard goggles I put them on from front to back.

Back