• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question About The 3D Gascans

Menendez1293

Oakley Expert
Florida
So I have a pairs of them 3D Gascans and the other day I decided to clean all of my oakleys but I skipped my 3D Gascans because I wasn't sure if I could clean them with oakleys solution. My question is can they be cleaned with the solution without any harm to the lenses? I just wanted to make sure before I tired. Thanks for the help guys

I've only cleaned mine with the finer cloth that is given with the cleaning kits. I've actually never tried using the liquid. I am afraid too though, since it seems that the 3D film is just glued on, thus water might be able to get in between and cause issues. Not 100% sure though, but I doubt it'd do anything bad...

i just like using my breath and the microfiber. my lenses rarely get that dirty. but that's a good question about the 3d lenses being cleaned.

I've only cleaned mine with the finer cloth that is given with the cleaning kits. I've actually never tried using the liquid. I am afraid too though, since it seems that the 3D film is just glued on, thus water might be able to get in between and cause issues. Not 100% sure though, but I doubt it'd do anything bad...

That is my main concern they aren't dirty but they can get a lot cleaner. I might just use only the cloth on my 3D Gascans till I know for sure. I might call oakley and see if I get a rep that knows what they are saying

So I just got off the phone with Oakley and they say they guarantee that the lens cleaning kit is compatible and will help the lenses and harm them in no way.

Back