• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question about the reissue 30th anniversary blades

stn51

I NEED ANOTHER FUEL CELL!
I have done a search and i'm sure the previous post police will find it if this has been posted. But i have a couple of questions.
As i do not have any vintage pieces for blades around, my questions are
Do any of the original pieces fit? (besides the original neck cord)
I guess one other question would be does the seafoam color match?
I love the glasses but i think with the prices of some of the vintage stuff dropping, you could make yourself a pretty cool pair with better parts.
one other question was there only 6 pairs in the 30th anniversary razor blade pairs
If anybody can help i would appreciate it.

Last edited:
There were indeed only 6 colorways for the 30 yr. 3 for the part 1 release (matte clear/violet, black/fire, seafoam/grey), 3 for the part 2 (blue/ice, red/fire, white/violet). I'm not sure about the originals, but I think I heard somewhere that the 30th anniversary sets (at least the lenses) are not interchangeable with the 2005 released razorblades.

The 30th Anniversary Blade lenses will not fit the 2005 Blade, the 2005 Blade used a modified M Frame lens from what I understand. I think the 30th Anny Blade is base on the original molds, so I think original Blade part may work. The only issue I see is the vintage parts may be brittle from age and may break when trying to install.
I am completely sure, but I have heard the Seafoam is a good match to the original.

What I know...The 30th blades fit the older lens fine..but as state above the 2005 versions don't fit cause the lens hooks stick out farther

Changing lens in the 30th edition pair is a pain in the A$$. There stuck in there. but old lens fit great. Just have to press down really hard and they lock in.

uploadfromtaptalk1420150690836.jpg

Back