• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question About Vintage Oakleys

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
Has Oakley ever brought back vintage stuff at a limited run? If so, how often do they do it?

They should still have the molds right? I would like to think that Oakley saves them to perhaps release anniversary editions or something.

I'd love to see the Splice, Mars, Romeo 1, and XX come back for a limited time.

They do have the molds. The STPL release had a pair of Blades in the run.

I wouldn't hold my breath for re-releases of most all the old **** though.

"We've been around for 35 years, but you won't see any anniversary logos on our products. Were a forward-looking compant."
-Colin Baden

"We've been around for 35 years, but you won't see any anniversary logos on our products. We're a forward-looking company."
-Colin Baden
Really? Could've fooled me. I guess his definition of forward-looking means taking old stuff and slightly tweaking it and calling it new. LOL

The closest thing I can remember that Oakley actually re-released would be the Blades. Although they did redesign the hinge on the New Razor Blade.

I guess you would have to count the frogskins too.

I did see the XX show up on the Vault last year. I think they had spare parts and made a few to sell. They sold out within a day or so.

Back