• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question: Flak Jackets And Jade Lenses (and Others)

The_2nd_G

Oakley Beginner
New York
So, I picked up my first pair of Flak Jackets (Dark Grey/Fire Iridium XLJ), and of course I'm looking to fill the Soft Vault with two more sets of lenses, because I swear, it just doesn't look right otherwise. I don't own any Oakleys with green lenses, so my first stop was to Oakley.com to mull over polarized vs. not-polarized Jade, but as you probably already know, neither are available as replacement lenses on the website. From what I've seen online, the only way to get Jade in a pair of Flak Jackets is buying the polarized version from Sunglass Hut with a set of black frames (can't tell which version of black) or pick up the non-polarized version on Oakley.com in matte white. But, that would leave me with four lense slots to fill. I just want the lenses. Is there any other way of getting them?

Okay, now let's talk utility and tint choice. Please put away your collector's mindsets for a minute, okay? Okay. In addition to the new Flaks, I have two pair of the original Half Jackets with the following lenses: Black Iridium Polarized, Gold Iridium Polarized, Bronze Polarized and G30. If you were adding one or two lenses to that rotation, what would you choose to fill in the holes? Bonus points, if you said Jade!​

I would say jade for half jacket, but they didn't make them.....the half jacket line is almost fully discontinued......

Back