• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question for UK based X Metal owners on repair shop

How are you seeing this being offered so cheaply?

12 bucks overseas postage, 52 bucks for the service.

@THE X-MAN would be the preferred option.

IMG_4574.PNG

I was in Bolton recently, had I known this company existed I would have popped in and had a nose about and quizzed the Technician etc.

Yeah, it says repair prices (not necessarily for X-Metals) start from around 7 dollars.

The Nose Bridge repair for Penny and Juliet frames looks around the 50 Dollars mark.

I wonder if they quality has improved since the link @kronin323 posted on this thread.

Now Oakley Europe don't offer this service anymore, there is a definate gap in the market. I wonder if UK based Oakley owners will be using this company now.

Exactly - maybe they've improved, maybe not. But the fact remains that there are documented examples of bad service from them on this forum. If examples of good service exist, they aren't documented here. Do you really want to risk your x-metals as a test to see if they've gotten any better? Especially when there's a proven quality alternative?

As ideal as a UK repair site would be, I am not going to relinquish a pair $300+ sunglasses to a potential chop shop. I would rather spend the money on a proper job an the testimonials for @THE X-MAN and others on this site speak for themselves.

If this particular outfit had any legitimacy it would be actively involved in the Oakley community either as an enthusiast or sponsor of a forum like this one, as others have done. That would show they care and appreciate the investment made in these items and uniqueness of the way they were made. As far as I know from reading on this forum and the web site, there is no evidence of that.

As ideal as a UK repair site would be, I am not going to relinquish a pair $300+ sunglasses to a potential chop shop. I would rather spend the money on a proper job an the testimonials for @THE X-MAN and others on this site speak for themselves.

If this particular outfit had any legitimacy it would be actively involved in the Oakley community either as an enthusiast or sponsor of a forum like this one, as others have done. That would show they care and appreciate the investment made in these items and uniqueness of the way they were made. As far as I know from reading on this forum and the web site, there is no evidence of that.
100%

Thats why I like Linegear over any other aftermarket brand. Those guys actually LOVE X Metals. You can see it in their work and in regular life. Kimsan is always on here chatting and BSing with everyone. It's not just another thing they do. Just like OXM Parts. Cris' work is phenomenal because he's passionate about it. I don't need him to tell me that, I can see it.

Don't even get me started on Mark (The X Man) I've seen that dude buy a whole new frame just to get a nose bridge to replace for a customer that sent him a compromised homeboy hookups botched nose bridge and not tell him about it until after it was too late. I think it's safe to say he ain't in it for the money.

Awareness is all we can provide. Just keep telling people who to send their **** to and hope they don't learn the hard way. But hey, if these guys keep ******* up nose bridges, ours will eventually be the only ones left and be worth like $27K a pair.

100%

Thats why I like Linegear over any other aftermarket brand. Those guys actually LOVE X Metals. You can see it in their work and in regular life. Kimsan is always on here chatting and BSing with everyone. It's not just another thing they do. Just like OXM Parts. Cris' work is phenomenal because he's passionate about it. I don't need him to tell me that, I can see it.

Don't even get me started on Mark (The X Man) I've seen that dude buy a whole new frame just to get a nose bridge to replace for a customer that sent him a compromised homeboy hookups botched nose bridge and not tell him about it until after it was too late. I think it's safe to say he ain't in it for the money.

Awareness is all we can provide. Just keep telling people who to send their **** to and hope they don't learn the hard way. But hey, if these guys keep ******* up nose bridges, ours will eventually be the only ones left and be worth like $27K a pair.
:spiteful:

Latest Posts

Back