• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question on juilet lens colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakley4523

Oakley Beginner
I have some Juliets that have the sapphire lenses in them now that are in need of a lens replacement. Oakley actually has the fire iridium polarized lenses in stock for 99 dollars. My question is what do you guys think about that lens color? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on it.

Oakley never had sapphire available as a replacement lens ... ice or blue maybe? (unless you got them custom)

Fire is a fantastic sport lens ... but everyone has opinions and likes/dislikes.

Find a pair (any) with fire in store and give em a try before buying ...

Oakley never had sapphire available as a replacement lens ... ice or blue maybe? (unless you got them custom)

Fire is a fantastic sport lens ... but everyone has opinions and likes/dislikes.

Find a pair (any) with fire in store and give em a try before buying ...

Yes you're right, they are the ice. I like them - a lot, but I like having a non scratched up pair of lenses eve more. :).

I also like that these are Oakley oem lenses (I was surprised they still had them.)

I have some Juliets that have the sapphire lenses in them now that are in need of a lens replacement. Oakley actually has the fire iridium polarized lenses in stock for 99 dollars. My question is what do you guys think about that lens color? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on it.

Fire Iridium (in my opinion) is "biker-gang" (or Ghost Rider of Marvel Comics fame) look.

They're quite noticeable from a distance, which is a bonus, if you jog, bike, or walk in them.

Heck, for 99 dollars, you can't go wrong. You can always swap 'em out, right?

Yes you're right, they are the ice. I like them - a lot, but I like having a non scratched up pair of lenses eve more. :).

I also like that these are Oakley oem lenses (I was surprised they still had them.)
Oakley lenses offer superior optics... Not durability!

The iridium is extremely scratch prone! It says so on that little paper that used to come with ALL new pairs at one point...

Oakley releases Juliet lenses every so often, so buy up as many as you can afford (and want... (Don't be a scalper) because eventually only custom cuts will be left

... Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Oakley lenses offer superior optics... Not durability!

The iridium is extremely scratch prone! It says so on that little paper that used to come with ALL new pairs at one point...

Oakley releases Juliet lenses every so often, so buy up as many as you can afford (and want... (Don't be a scalper) because eventually only custom cuts will be left

... Not that there's anything wrong with that!

He's right. Don't even use the micro-fiber cloth to clean Juliet lenses.

Warm water and the softest type of Kleenex you can find, if you value them :cool-20:

Really? The cleaning bag will scratch the glasses? That seems hard to believe.

The cleaning bag, (after a certain amount of uses), collects the dirt, pollen, "dust-bunnies", etc.

Using a fresh Kleenex each time ensures no-scratching to your impeccable lenses ;)

(Just be sure to use Kleenex brand, not some cheap knock-off brand.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back