• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question On Water Jackets And Racing Jackets??

Brettc10

I am Jim Jannard...
Oahu, Hawaii
I am pretty sure they are the same frame correct?? I have the water jackets and I really like the frame and how it looks wearing them. I do not want the strap on the back. The racing jackets have just straight ear socks? Where can I find some of those to replace the strap? I went to an O Store and also called Customer Service. The guy I talked to really was not much help since it is old stock. I check e-bay and there are only glasses for sale. Any other ideas? Thanks

Yeah, there are one and the same I believe. You can keep trying customer service and hope to get someone who can help, email too. Otherwise, you could try to get a pair of Racing Jackets off of eBay for the earsocks. I did it for a pair of earsocks for my Gen 1 e-wires.

Would any other ear socks work on them? I do not want to buy another pair just for the ear socks.
I got a great deal on these. $50 with glasses, strap, cleaning solution, bag, paperwork and case.

That is a great deal. You might try the M Frame earsocks, they look like they might work, they still might be a bit of a compromise. Unfortunately, you don't have a whole lot of choices since they have been discontinued for quite sometime.

Thanks for the reply. I will look into it. Next week I am going to the Foothill Ranch O Store. I will take them with me and see if they can help out.

the last pair of earsocks on ebay uk ended about a week ago and for £30 GBP. these were the first ones i've seen in months! i usually just use M frame socksw or cut down some 02 strap ones

Back