• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question Regarding Grey Lenses In Oakleys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chubb

Oakley Beginner
Indiana
I've recently found out about oakleysi.com. Since finding out about this site I have completed my application and been accepted to purchase through this site.

My question is, Since Majority of the glasses from the oakley si website can only be purchased with grey lenses, is there a market for these lenses so I can sell them to help recoupe the cost of ordering replacement lenses in the tint I prefer?

It's not a huge thing to me, since even after purchasing replacement lenses I'm still saving $$ compared to retail cost of the ones I am getting. Figured it'd be worth asking before I put in the small amount of time needed to put them on the forum exchange once I receive my order.

Thanks,

There is a market, but not as big market for grey lenses at least compared to iridium lenses.

eBay would probably be your best bet. Expect to get about 50% less than you would with an Iridium lens. Around $20-$30 seems to be the going rate for most parted out grey lenses, unfortunately. I feel your pain; I've got stacks of Grey lenses sitting around that I need to get rid of.

That's for the input. I've never had grey lenses in oakleys so who knows I might even find a use for them. But most likely I won't, and it'd be nice to sell them off to help with the purchase of replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back