• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Questions About The Tron Pit Boss

The Kestrel

Oakley Expert
Hi all!

Alright, I've got questions about the Tron Pit Boss that I just can't seem to find the answers to. I've used the google button on the internet machine and poured over this forum and I've definitely learned about them but never quite what I was hoping to find. My specific questions were if they were a numbered special edition or just a limited production and not numbered? And how many were produced?

Any other thoughts or helpful insights from owners/enthusiasts would be more then welcome. I've been considering trying to find a pair to join my collection but it would be nice to know some more information before I make a wallet altering decision. :)

Thanks!

They were non serialized a limited release 250 with backpack. But no definite numbers on how many were released without a backpack. I have heard 1000 but I'm not sure.

Like Gecko said hard to tell how many really but they arent "that" common especially these days. Good luck with your hunt if you decide on it.
Ah, ok. I was hoping that someone somewhere had seen a definite "only X number being released" kind of thing from Oakley or someone when they came out. I picked up on the kind of rare aspect. Saw a pair go on ebay just a few days ago for somewhere around $1600. Thought that seemed kind of steep?

BTW, love your collection in the avatar...they look so cool...

Yea if there was id know. Steep in my opinion at 1600, id sell one of mine for that in a heartbeat.

There is a pitboss collection thread that has some pics.you might like.

Sweet, I'll go check that out. Funny, I remember seeing the Tron in my Oakley store when they came out. Thought they were awesome but I wasn't collecting at that point, didn't even realize it was a thing. Kicking myself now. :)

Saw a pair a guy was asking $1100 for...that seemed more reasonable. But I haven't seen many sell so I was wondering that too.

Ah, ok. I was hoping that someone somewhere had seen a definite "only X number being released" kind of thing from Oakley or someone when they came out. I picked up on the kind of rare aspect. Saw a pair go on ebay just a few days ago for somewhere around $1600. Thought that seemed kind of steep?

BTW, love your collection in the avatar...they look so cool...

Yeah I dont think anyone really knows and Gecko would know if there was a number. Yeah I saw that end at that price. I think it had a backpack too though. Thanks, thats actually a old picture. 3 are missing from that pic lol. Yeah Gecko said it there is a pitboss collection thread somewhere if you search for it. If you can find one I say go for it. Tron is such a sweet pair.

Sweet, I'll go check that out. Funny, I remember seeing the Tron in my Oakley store when they came out. Thought they were awesome but I wasn't collecting at that point, didn't even realize it was a thing. Kicking myself now. :)

Saw a pair a guy was asking $1100 for...that seemed more reasonable. But I haven't seen many sell so I was wondering that too.

There were some that sold for around 800 BNIB on ebay not that long ago. I think the seller had like 3 because the pics were the same everytime they posted the auction.

Latest Posts

Back