• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Questions about x-metal...

Maykonn Raffá

Oakley Beginner
Brazil
I found an x-metal recently, sells ... It seems to be original? I realized that the bag is not HBO, but only with a logo on the label oakley ... If this is a first-generation x-metal? I will still take the numbers with the owner ...

DjPPH7I.jpg

3eNjvhP.jpg

More pictures would help, but I would say its a fake. The bridge looks to have a funny contour and the jet intakes look clunky in those pics. Pictures of the tips of the earstems and back of the nose bridge would help to be sure.

Agree. The jet intake looks off. Need pics of the stems and the inside of nosebridge to help identify. Color also seems off, but of course it could just be the lighting too.

Without the detail of the fore mentioned nose bridge and stems, I'm leaning towards a very good fake. The finish isn't the proper tone nor does the texture look proper. The Plasma finish varied through the generations until it was perfected towards 4th-5th.

The earlier gen finishes tended to be lighter in shade and showed casing marks and later evolving to the Infinite Hero finish. The 5th gen coin included doesn't match a 5gen plasma.

The lenses appear to be a base 8 curvature, so that certainly helps.

The rivits behind the bridge, the spacing between the Orbitals, design of stems, etchings and the removal of lenses ans orbital gaskets will all have to add up to conclude it is real.

Latest Posts

Back