• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Questions For Jim Jannard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've heard that Oakley was named after your dog oakley, but how did oakley the dog get its name? In honor if Annie Oakley? Or a town name? Or a better story? Always wondered as a Oakley lover and dog owner.

What are the top three things you need to start and operate a successful business besides money? What was the best business advice someone gave you? What do you feel is your biggest achievement looking back at Oakley's History? What makes you wanna do battle with much larger company's like Sony and Canon?

What are the top three things you need to start and operate a successful business besides money? What was the best business advice someone gave you? What do you feel is your biggest achievement looking back at Oakley's History? What makes you wanna do battle with much larger company's like Sony and Canon?
I had $300 to start Oakley. So money was not the primary reason for success. Invention and interesting product was.

The Oakley Grip was a cam shaped design and had octopus tread pattern. Traction in 360 degrees.

Invention rules. That was the foundation of Oakley.

Jim

Thanks, hey is there a list floating around of the stuff your Looking for at the red day?

What made you decide to go from Grips/Gloves/Goggles to Sunglasses? Was there ever a point that you second though making the change?

[quote="jim jannard, post: 234745, member: 4931"
The Oakley Grip was a cam shaped design and had octopus tread pattern. Traction in 360 degrees.

Jim[/quote]

I had those grips on a Bulltaco 250, (I am an old guy) They worked to well for me. I still remember going through some whoops, out of control laid flat out on the bike. The cam caught my gloves as I was trying to hang on and it was wide open throttle until the crash. Its a medical miracle I still had 2 kids, suppose it could have been the Sparkletts water guy but at least one of my sons looks like me.:crazy: After the grips it was Factory Pilots, only one color. Got them for $35 on sale. Hooked ever since.

Hi Jim,

Thanks so much for joining our forum and for taking the time to answer some questions.

I was wondering if you were able to speak to the reasoning behind what happened with David Flores and the first 2 artist series releases? Why were they pulled? There are stories out there but I was hoping you could provide us the direct answer.

As a collector who has spent years trying to assemble a compete collection of artist series I just wanted to say that I love what you have created here and the collaborations that you have done with the artist are the most unique sunglasses I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back