• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Questions For Jim Jannard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jim, If there was a really sports specific frame you would recommend what would it be and why? :D

And is the Jupiter Factory lite really worth it from your point? :D

Jim, In what ways are you still involved with Oakley?
Oakley is my business daughter. After 32 years she met and married an Italian guy. Apparently, looking at the stock price, he is taking really good care of her.

I also have another business daughter named RED. Being a seven year old, she obviously needs more of my attention while she is growing up. But I love both of my business daughters very much.

Jim

Hi Jim, If there was a really sports specific frame you would recommend what would it be and why? :D

And is the Jupiter Factory lite really worth it from your point? :D
First, understand that I don't want to come across as an a**hat with this post but... C'mon man, you can't ask Jim questions like that.

What do you expect him to say? "No the JFL is obscenely overpriced and absolutely not worth the money." He's not going to publicly comment on the pricing policies of Lux/Oakley. If he did, his legal team would probably slap him upside the head.

Now, I obviously can't speak for Jim, but I seriously doubt he'd make any sort of product recommendations here, either. Now he might tell you which Oakley sports frame is his favorite if you ask him, but that's different than asking for a recommendation.

Folks, Jim's been kind enough to drop by and offer to answer questions... so let's at least ask him questions that he's able to answer on a public forum.

Peace, out.

Jim,

Again its amazing having you here with us. We all have a passion for what you have created and are all in awe that you took the time to connect with us. That being said, I know someone asked what your favorite frame, color, lenses etc... are but I would like to know, what Pair do you wear on a daily basis? My favorite frame isnt necessarily my everyday or most common pair that I wear out. Thanks in advance!!! :)

Jim,

Again its amazing having you here with us. We all have a passion for what you have created and are all in awe that you took the time to connect with us. That being said, I know someone asked what your favorite frame, color, lenses etc... are but I would like to know, what Pair do you wear on a daily basis? My favorite frame isnt necessarily my everyday or most common pair that I wear out. Thanks in advance!!! :)
I have too many favorite designs to post... but I wear a pair of prototype Pit Boss that are polished black and very dark Ti (not the same as production) with black iridium lenses. They are also unique because they have a "squished O" logo instead of the "Diamond O" that production uses. I have worn these everyday since I got them in my hands. My shoe of choice is black Silk. I have enough new pairs of these to last 20 more years. I also wear a polished Time Tank (Minute Machine) with a black face.

Jim

I have too many favorite designs to post... but I wear a pair of prototype Pit Boss that are polished black and very dark Ti (not the same as production) with black iridium lenses. They are also unique because they have a "squished O" logo instead of the "Diamond O" that production uses. I have worn these everyday since I got them in my hands. My shoe of choice is black Silk. I have enough new pairs of these to last 20 more years. I also wear a polished Time Tank (Minute Machine) with a black face.

Jim

If you can tell by my Avitar im a PItboss fan hahaha I would ABSOLUTLEY LOVE to see these prototypes one day!! Thanks for the response!!!!!

Hi Jim, love what you did with your brand.

Here's a question I bet a lot of the members would love to know the answer to.... How did you guys come up with the names for the frames that were produced?
I came up with the names a taglines for the 1st 25 years (95%) and then Colin and the team gradually took over. I now watch from the sidelines.

Jim

Jim,

How did the idea of the Mad Science era come about? Was it something that was always there to be done or was the concept more of a spontaneous idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back