• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Questions For Jim Jannard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim, I know I have heard in numerous interviews and articles that you stated your biggest regret was taking Oakley public. Does that still stand today? And also, is there ever the potential of a Jannard based eyewear venture in the future? I know above you stated that you feel the designers may still have a few tricks up their sleeves, but it appears that creative flow is stiffled more by corporate logic rather than Jim logic of bucking the system.
What is done is done.... no looking back. As for eyewear, I am loyal to Oakley. I own LUX and my good friends work at the "O".

Jim

qtrain... I'm not sure what you are asking. The only influence I can think of for Mad Science is Metropolis and Blade Runner. But we developed a design language called "slogging" that was used on most of what we did before 2007.

Jim
I mean I'm sure that you saw custom lens combinations via chops and custom paints and such on frames. Did that ever give you ideas for different colorways or anything?

Jim, what percentage of concept models made it to production? In other words, are there any models out there that were made but never produced for distribution?

Firstly Thanks for making my awesome X-Metal shades.

I'd like to ask why there are different variations of colour in the Ruby Iridium lenses on the same models, like the Penny, XSquared etc. why do some have a dark purple hue or more red than others?

Wayne

It's a real honor that "The Creator" is in the same atmosphere with us worshipers. But really Jim, we truly appreciate that you showed up here and mingle with us, give us an opportunity for a QandA and have us pick your brain a bit. We know you are so busy taking care of your 2nd daughter and still find time to share us your passion.

Regarding the Shoe one, I am really happy and proud that I share the same passion with you for these bad boys. I was truly astonished going back in 1998 when I first laid my eyes on it...the introduction of Kevlar in the Oakley world, the full-throttle response, the race-tire technology, the shoe box, the "warning"on the shoe box, the static icon, the placement of the static icon, the 3D design, the $125 pricepoint, the "made in USA" and most of all, the comfort.

javy2a9y.jpg

Jim, please tell us more about the Static icon, I see that this logo was first introduced with the Shoe One? I truly love the static variation derived from the ellipse icon. I do notice that the icon was more used on apparels like the berets, snow jackets, MTB shorts but never made it on a hardware eyewear except the A frame goggles, Wisdom and some others.
e8ady5uz.jpg

It's a real honor that "The Creator" is in the same atmosphere with us worshipers. But really Jim, we truly appreciate that you showed up here and mingle with us, give us an opportunity for a QandA and have us pick your brain a bit. We know you are so busy taking care of your 2nd daughter and still find time to share us your passion.

Regarding the Shoe one, I am really happy and proud that I share the same passion with you for these bad boys. I was truly astonished going back in 1998 when I first laid my eyes on it...the introduction of Kevlar in the Oakley world, the full-throttle response, the race-tire technology, the shoe box, the "warning"on the shoe box, the static icon, the placement of the static icon, the 3D design, the $125 pricepoint, the "made in USA" and most of all, the comfort.

javy2a9y.jpg
This is a very cool display. One of the very best I have seen.

Jim

Jim, please tell us more about the Static icon, I see that this logo was first introduced with the Shoe One? I truly love the static variation derived from the ellipse icon. I do notice that the icon was more used on apparels like the berets, snow jackets, MTB shorts but never made it on a hardware eyewear except the A frame goggles, Wisdom and some others.
e8ady5uz.jpg
The Static Icon is one of my favorites. I had the idea and one of the boys knocked it out of the park. I'm not sure why it isn't used more...

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back