• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Quick Help On Authenticity Of These Juliets

pistolpetefan23

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
I really know very little about the X-Metal series, and am hoping those that do can help me get a better idea on the authenticity of these:

Juliet1_zps4ef98431.jpg

Juliet2_zps75b0e5b1.jpg

Juliet3_zps712ae889.jpg

The pics make them look genuine. Normal fakes have screws in the nose bridge instead of rivets (can't tell from the pics) and the arms have a constant curve which yours do, whereas fake the tips of the arms flick outward where the arms go over the ear

Thanks, what do you think would be a fair price on them knowing only those pictures and this description:

"These are several years old and are great glasses. I am selling because I have trouble wearing contacts and wear my eyeglasses all the time now. Frame is in good condition. There are some scratches on the lenses but nothing major that obstructs vision."

The xmetal finished frames (which these look like) are the most desirable over the carbon, plasma and polished. Do you know if the nose bridge is loose? If they have been worn for several years then it's a high likelihood that they are loose. Something to bare in mind for a tune up? I've just sold a xmetal finish pair with loose nose bridge for £140 ($230) so that may give you a idea?

They look legit with the limited pictures you posted, but the first thing I noticed is what looks to be damage on the nose bridge from being dropped or something. I'd mention it to the seller and see about knocking some money off for that, although The X-Man could easily refinish them for you and you'd never know they were damaged.

Back