• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Quick Juliet Tune-Up DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paraguay

Oakley Beginner
Most people who clicked on this thread already know that every 2-3 years the glasses start getting loose and in most cases will not stay on your head. Not exactly what I was expecting when I bought my pair. Oakley does a tune-up for something a little over USD 50.

I made a DIY video where I wrap some Teflon plumbing tape around the loose areas:

I am sure most people will opt for the Oakley repair but in my case that would literally cost more than a new pair. (Mailing from Paraguay is amazingly impossible.) So, for me (my head size etc.) the DIY shown in the video made a worthless pair of glasses as functional as new.

First DIY so thanks for any likes and comments.

Welcome to the forum.

Actually most of our members would NOT opt for the tune up from Oakley and would use the services of @THE X-MAN for their tune up needs. He provides service that is better and shows more care.

I agree, why risk ruining a pair of shades as much as these cost? I am expecting my Carbon frame back from him any day now. His turnaround is incredibly fast and good communication all the way through. I will never send anything back to Oakley as long as Marks in business!!!!!

I've had to Oakley tune ups on my Juliet's first time it was £24 and the next time I had it done it was free.

So it's not that expensive for Oakley to do it.

I've had to Oakley tune ups on my Juliet's first time it was £24 and the next time I had it done it was free.

So it's not that expensive for Oakley to do it.
Welcome to the forum.

Not that expensive until they are either mashed or lost. Take your pick. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back