• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Quick PC barcode question

Can someone help me identify if the label is legit or fabricated?.

• Need help here

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Label identification

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I bought it along with an xmetal penny for 1900$..but he told me I can return it if I will change my mind. The unit is mint and with new oem lenses..so if I will buy only the unit how much will it cost me?..thank you guys for your comment..appreciate it.

I thought I can retire from buying because of my latest purchase, I guess il be back on the hunt..just want to have a dream pair and that's penny copper and penny xmetal

Yes it matches the serial. Just to make it a complete set to get a higher value. I don't know what's the real value of it, the seller just told me I'm selling both penny as a package deal..the xmetal I don't have doubts and looks pretty legit..il post some pics

image.jpeg

A. I think it's a copy- but who knows if labels were ever printed at the store level? That could account for the odd font.
B. The check digit at the end is correct. A fake might not get this as it is generated by an algorithm using the preceding 11 digits.
C. If it is a fake I think you can do better ones...

Last edited:
So your conclusion is that my penny copper is legit?...in that case I might keep it if you're sure at least more than 50% @CarGuy

Thanks for all the help guys..

So your conclusion is that my penny copper is legit?...in that case I might keep it if you're sure at least more than 50% @CarGuy

Thanks for all the help guys..
It's a legit Copper Penny, that's for sure. I think the majority of the value is in the glasses more than the box.

It's a legit Copper Penny, that's for sure. I think the majority of the value is in the glasses more than the box.
You're right bro, but I still prefer to have a matching serial just for my collection. I can have it returned if I want to as part of the deal. Il try my luck in the forum I'm sure one will come out one of this days.

The font looks different and I've never seen that label OVER another label. Other over that one, yes, but NEVER like that. [...]
Curiously, this 24K Juliet sales thread contains a photo of a Juliet box with a barcode label placed over another label, indicating that perhaps Oakley does do that sometimes:
For Sale - 24k Juliet

Being a sales sample, I'd guess it was never intended to have the regular label, but with Oakley, who knows.

Back