• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

R1 Beginnings

Man...! Who would have thought that the M:I 2 Romeo is actually a hybrid. Hahahaha! Good pics @xmetalmaniac :)

I wonder if it fits better that way...

Actually I think xmetmaniac's post of all those pictures is one he recycled from a post he made a few years ago - I remember seeing it before on an old thread about this subject. So it's been known around here for some time that they put straight stems on the MI2 R1.

But we did learn something new with all this - the donor stems came from a Mars...

Now I can sleep at night :D.

Actually I think xmetmaniac's post of all those pictures is one he recycled from a post he made a few years ago - I remember seeing it before on an old thread about this subject. So it's been known around here for some time that they put straight stems on the MI2 R1.

But we did learn something new with all this - the donor stems came from a Mars...

Actually those were not recycled from any other post. They were screen captures from the movie playing off my phone 10 minutes before I posted them. I figured I would check the movie for comparison. I never posted the pics before. As far as I can recall they have never been posted before.

Actually those were not recycled from any other post. They were screen captures from the movie playing off my phone 10 minutes before I posted them. I figured I would check the movie for comparison. I never posted the pics before. As far as I can recall they have never been posted before.

Hmmm, I guess I'm buggin'. I wonder what I was thinking of; I know I've seen something? To the seach function! (when I have time to get around to it...)

Be careful you don't resurrect an old thread pal ! ;)

Hmmm, I guess I'm buggin'. I wonder what I was thinking of; I know I've seen something? To the seach function! (when I have time to get around to it...)
As I remember I have seen similar photos from @BriP who originally pointed out the straight stems approx. 18mts/2yrs ago.

Just a thought but maybe the reason they opted for the straight stems in the movie was for the glasses to fit more snugly into the rocket tube, coupled with the custom earpiece. Had it been a Hammerstem arm the glasses would have been wider.

Back