• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

R1 Got "screwed"?

• Thread starter dragonvoi
  • Start date
D

dragonvoi

got a decent deal in an R1, yes another one, but got screwed. not by the seller, or the post office, or Paypal, but SCREWED:

u4a4ugu4.jpg

nyqepe5e.jpg

of course it was the last screw too. i was taking it apart to service, but when i tried it on i noticed that it was loose on my head with size 50 temple shocks. i thought, why would he trim the shocks when he had extras? the shock were not trimmed, but i guess on this particular pair the stress on the lenses that caused cracking was getting transferred to the screws instead, as the first orbital screw i took out was crooked, and this one just came off with two average strength turns.

now where is my dremel...

Actually that's not too bad, could be a lot worse. You could probably get them out with just a pair of needlenose pliers. The biggest hassle would be having to buy a replacement screw.

Yea that definitely could have been way worse. thankfully there is still a good amount of thread exposed to get a hold of and remove it.