• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

R1 Nose bomb comfort question

Rico Kay

Oakley Expert
Now that I've been wearing my R1s for a while now, I love the look, I love the coverage of my eyes, but the one thing I'm not thrilled about are the nose bombs - they dig into the top of my nose and after a while it kinda hurts.

I've worn Juliets for a decade and done countless jobs and patrols with them - never a problem of durability or comfort. These R1s? I can't imagine wearing them for an entire afternoon without having to take them off.

When I got the frame from #1Stunna (in mint condition I might add) I had to put brand new nose bombs on them - replacement parts from Revant. Will these nose bombs soften over time or should I reverse them as I read in another post?

IMG_2718.JPG

I've never used the Revant nose bombs, only OEM and the Linegear ones. I like the Linegear ones better. The silicone is softer... still, it is a heavy frame, and I may have to try no nose bombs as @zwc0442 suggested.

Whoops - my apologies - they are Linegear nose bombs
Haha, that makes a bit more sense then. Yeah, those are the most comfortable for me, but again, it's a darn heavy frame and it just wears on you after a long day (for me at least). I love wearing my R1s but they just don't have the all day comfort of my Juliets...

i can wear them all day, but i have them tuned pretty well, OEM nose bombs and the tshocks give just the right amount of "squeeze" all over.

oem nose bombs are the best. I find linegear abit thin for me. I am ok with there earsocks. I loathe there t-shocks. I wear a 15, so smaller head people might like them. Well if you don't like them in the end, you can always trade them to me:spiteful::D

Last edited:
I think dragonvoi is on the right track. Pay close attention to the fit next time you wear them for a prolonged period. You may just need to balance the fit out with the T Shocks. Also, Romeo 1 came with two different sizes of nose bombs. You may need the other size to get "the right amount of squeeze all over."

I think dragonvoi is on the right track. Pay close attention to the fit next time you wear them for a prolonged period. You may just need to balance the fit out with the T Shocks. Also, Romeo 1 came with two different sizes of nose bombs. You may need the other size to get "the right amount of squeeze all over."
Yeah there are15,25,50,75 T-shocks that fit Romeo. Lower number means thinner t t-shock. Also X squared tShocks have 15's but they are different and are flexable, they are my favorite shock I need to get more

Back