• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

R1 QUESTION

I could care less about the etching. When you see someone wearing R1's on the street do you run up and look real close for that etching, or ask if they have the box? LOL! I'm replacing them with aftermarket lenses from bin cxl that are coming out in the next couple weeks. I have a pair of pink ice bin cxl lenses for my juliets and they are great, great clarity compared to other aftermarket lenses. I love them.

I could care less about the etching. When you see someone wearing R1's on the street do you run up and look real close for that etching, or ask if they have the box? LOL! I'm replacing them with aftermarket lenses from bin cxl that are coming out in the next couple weeks. I have a pair of pink ice bin cxl lenses for my juliets and they are great, great clarity compared to other aftermarket lenses. I love them.
Hmm interesting. Wouldnt u have saved $5-700 just by refinishing a beat up pair? And I wouldn't spend that much to turn around and do aftermarket lenses.

At the time I was not aware you could get x-metals refinished. I felt realllly stupid when I realized they could be refinished. I wasn't a forum member until after I bought them.
At this point I'm tired of dealing with it, I know I would take a big loss on selling them and can't return them. I got screwed.

The biggest hit on this deal was the feeling of being ripped off and told by others that I was ripped off. The money lost doesn't hurt as much as that
Happens to all of us. Now you know where to go! We're kinda a big deal and know people lol. Not making fun of ya man! We all learn as we go along

if you really like them then you didn't pay too much...don't be a shelf whore and wear them....and when they get worn out...refinish them again and again.