• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

R1's are home!

No chance on the 2nd pair trade she has already posted them on Ebay.. Some questions about the R1's. 1 - I have never seen anyone post pictures of the inside of the glasses and I finally sat down last night and looked over the glasses very closely. I noticed the "CE" and "USA" stamped on the lens frame, is this common? I also notice the bottom two screws do not appear to be screws but rather some kind of push rod. I have have just over looked it real fast and it didn't set in until I just seen the pair dismantled in a previous thread. I'm heading home to take a picture of them.

null_zps12f2be77.jpg

Here are pictures of the bolts/screws that hold the bottom of the frame together. Does this look normal?

null_zps9bb631b0.jpg

null_zps218643a4.jpg

Completely normal - i had my Romeos for ages before i noticed this. This was immediatey followed by some frantic googleing for reassurance!

There is YouTube video for 'Oakley Romeo lens installation' - this shows the pin clearly.

Now sit back and enjoy!!

Just watched a youtube video on how to take apart and seen that the screw on top holds the whole lens housing together. I hit the panic button there for a minute thinking I got burned. I have to admit I was sick to my stomach.

lmao mjt42 I was panicing.

yeah your picture is what freaked me out!!! lol.. I noticed 4 screws and I can't see those guide pins on the bottom of the glasses frame so I thought all 4 screws were for the frame and didn't think two were for the stems. I actually left work to go home and get pictures and look them over again. lmao.