• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

R2 Custom Cut lenses & unobtainium rubber sets

JPL

Oakley Beginner
SoCal
Hello All - I'm currently looking for a custom lens (Fire or Ice) for my R2, If you have anything on hand please PM me or if anyone can suggest the best person to contact for this type of work. Any input will be appreciated.:)

I know its a long shot but I'm also looking for authentic rubber sets, I see them pop once in a while in the exchange section. :)
For now I purchased a set from the Brazilians at the bay, but who knows how long these will last. A month ago I reached out to linegear via facebook, and they told me there's not enough demand for R2 rubbers. I was a bit surprised as I thought it was the other way around since OEMs are very hard to comeby and I see a lot of R2 owners here wanting quality rubber kits as well..

By the way, A big shout out to the @THE X-MAN for the awesome job he did on my R2 frame. Workmanship is beyond my expectation!

Thanks for the info @kronin323, will send @salj838 a pm.

I was going to post WTB in the exchange, but i thought of just putting both the lens and rubbers in one post.:)

But will definitely post in the exchange for better chances.

Thanks again,
Jp

I'm in the same boat buddy... Maybe if I email linegear everyday they will start making them. I thought their moto was to provide services to help us enjoy our x metals. I can't enjoy them if I have no ear stems. Just a heads up there is a pair of new rootbeer nose pieces on eBay if your looking for those.

I just hope that @Linegear Official will start making R2 rubbers as this guy from brazil (ebay) is already making money on those low quality rubbers. He initially started with $20 price, then 30 and now $40. If you look at his feedback, he sold quite a few already and he's the only one selling complete sets in black color. The rubbers are far from oakley quality but it does the job. Who knows how long it will last but I can at least wear my R2 sparingly. If linegear starts making this, I think it will get sold out as customers (including myself:)) will for sure buy more than 1 set for spare.

Last edited:
Thanks! Didn't see the lens but that's way too much for lens. I like how people put rare in the title and they automatically inflate the price. I'm pretty rare myself you don't see me selling myself on eBay for a ridiculous price (although that's not a bad idea). I completely agree line gear has all these great products but not for all x metals. They have the lens but not the rubbers. It's a little backwards if you ask me.

I emailed Linegear a few months back and they said they would need 500-1000 people to contact them to show interest and it would be another year or two before they were produced.

Thanks! Didn't see the lens but that's way too much for lens. I like how people put rare in the title and they automatically inflate the price. I'm pretty rare myself you don't see me selling myself on eBay for a ridiculous price (although that's not a bad idea). I completely agree line gear has all these great products but not for all x metals. They have the lens but not the rubbers. It's a little backwards if you ask me.
R2 lenses are some of the rarest and definitely not cheap