• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

R2 rubber kit - raison d'etre & pricing explained

Linegear Japan

X-Metal Professional
Platinum Forum Sponsor
Premium Member
Lifetime Sponsor
Japan
Hi X-Metal enthusiasts,

Finally, we bring the replacement rubber for Oakley Romeo 2.0. This is the latest addition to our line of replacement rubber.

It is true that the selling price of R2 is a bit higher compare to our existing CRS - complete rubber set - for other frames. If you look at the component of R2 CRS, it has no part compatible to other frame CRS, and each part is unique and we can't use the mold from other frame and thus need spending money to create a new mold.

Although we can't disclose a real product development cost for business secret reason, the fund invested in creating the mold and product development cost, roughly it is a huge amount of money which we expect to recover at least within 2 years of good sale, or more.

It was a reluctant decision, but since we keep hearing the need of R2 rubber over two years and thus we decide to make it, to fulfill our customers' need.

We feel we should explain these to our customers/supporters, and we are looking forward to your patronage.

Sincerely,
Daisuke & Kimsan

ALL.jpg

Last edited:
Hi X-Metal enthusiasts,

Finally, we bring the replacement rubber for Oakley Romeo 2.0. This is the latest addition to our line or replacement rubber.

It is true that the selling price of R2 is a bit higher compare to our existing CRS - complete rubber set - for other frames. If you look at the component of R2 CRS, it has no part compatible to other frame CRS, and each part is unique and we can't use the mold from other frame and thus need spending money to create a new mold.

Although we can't disclose a real product development cost for business secret reason, the fund invested in creating the mold and product development cost, roughly it is a huge amount of money which we expect to recover at least within 2 years of good sale, or more.

It was a reluctant decision, but since we keep hearing the need of R2 rubber over two years and thus we decide to make it, to fulfill our customers' need.

We feel we should explain these to our customers/supporters, and we are looking forward to your patronage.

Sincerely,
Daisuke & Kimsan

View attachment 410346
I'd challenge anybody to find replacement rubber cheaper! These are priced fairly in my opinion. If it saves your frame, what's wrong spending an extra $5? Thank you for making these!!!

The pricing is very fair. I've already told you guys @Linegear Japan that I'm no R2 guy so you won't have much use of me regarding your new product yet I've got 3 sets of your lenses and a set of rubbers coming my way and I can say that you do a hell of a job. Your customer service is outstanding and that alone makes me wanna come back to you. You guys are an example of company which listens to customers and takes care of your clients. The fact that you've launched R2 rubbers is great and I can't recall any other manufacturer who would do something like that to please, let's face it; such a small group of people. You are here to make people's hobby alive and because of that I truly admire your attitude and commitment, hats off gentleman.

The pricing is very fair. I've already told you guys @Linegear Japan that I'm no R2 guy so you won't have much use of me regarding your new product yet I've got 3 sets of your lenses and a set of rubbers coming my way and I can say that you do a hell of a job. Your customer service is outstanding and that alone makes me wanna come back to you. You guys are an example of company which listens to customers and takes care of your clients. The fact that you've launched R2 rubbers is great and I can't recall any other manufacturer who would do something like that to please, let's face it; such a small group of people. You are here to make people's hobby alive and because of that I truly admire your attitude and commitment, hats off gentleman.
:hi::drinks:

Aaaah man I forgot that there actually is a "hats down" icon here lol. Hope that my comment isn't less powerful because of that icon's absence :D

Aaaah man I forgot that there actually is a "hats down" icon here lol. Hope that my comment isn't less powerful because of that icon's absence :D
haha... no problem. Thanks for a meaningful message. We strive to Revive X-Metal and it is our motto.

(Yes there are a lot of cute emoji on OakleyForum for example a few of them: :beach: :hunter::punish::gotcha:)

Latest Posts

Back