• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Racing Jacket (fka Jawbone) revival?

The jawbone and racing jackets are the same except the racing jackets you can switch the Icons to different colors, and the bolts for the racing jackets are not the same size as the Jawbone or is it the Jawbone bolts are shorter, either way the lenses fit both :)

The jawbone and racing jackets are the same except the racing jackets you can switch the Icons to different colors, and the bolts for the racing jackets are not the same size as the Jawbone or is it the Jawbone bolts are shorter, either way the lenses fit both :)

^^^This^^^
Primarily the icon thing.
I have both Jawbones and Racing Jackets and have been able to switch bolts around so...
Yes,lenses fit both.
Racing Jacket also has eyelets for the lanyard (or whatever the thin rope-looking thingie that one can loop at the ear stem ends to hang glasses from the neck is called)

Loving this RJ vs Jawbone discussion... I actually learned something. :)

Sent from Q's S8+

I actually learned something.
My daily goal!
No surprise the RJ is gettin' pimped.
They're all over the Pro Peloton (still)!
sptdw90024_670.jpg

I know a Prizm Road version was lingering around as well.

Right now it's a hard sell. Most people who have a pair have already got their fix. There's likely more than enough second-hand ones going for so much cheaper. I bought my MPH for $80 when Oakley Vault had a website, and then my second pair I've been beating to death for $40 (case and second lenses — only catch is the bolts are stuck). Ain't no f***ing way should anyone pay over $200.

I thought I was going to sell my set, but they're such reliable beater pairs sans the lazy earsock design. If it wasn't for that crap, it's a straight up forever pair.