• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Racing jacket prescription lenses.

Jace ace

Oakley Beginner
Hi. Just purchased some black racing jackets with prescription lenses , great for everyday use without being too "loud" unlike some colour combos.I have since learned that these have been discontinued. Question is , what support do oakley have for discontinued glasses. Do I have to break the bank buying several sets of rx lenses while they are still available, or should I still be able to buy lenses several years down the line? Also does anyone know what colours are available in rx.thanks

To find out what lens tints and mirrors are currently available for a particular frame, you must consult an authorized Oakley Rx dealer. Lens availability varies from frame to frame, and changes over time.
In the USA, some Oakley Stores have opticians on staff, so paying a visit to one of those Oakley Stores is a good way to get accurate information about lens availability.
Regarding support for discontinued frames, before 2016 my experience with Oakley's Rx department in the USA has been that they would make Rx lenses for virtually any Oakley frame ever produced. However, since the end of 2015 there have been big changes in Oakley's Rx department here, so I'm not confident that I can predict what Oakley's policies will be going forward. Several experiences I have had with Oakley's Rx department this year leave me with the strong impression that Oakley will not be as supportive of loyal Oakley enthusiasts with older frames going forward as they have been in the past.
However, if you are willing to consider other brands of lenses besides Oakley, many optical labs will make prescription lenses for a wide variety of Oakley frames.
There are also some websites that offer prescription lenses for Oakleys, such as:
Oakley Prescription Lenses for Oakley Sunglasses | Fuse-RX Lenses

I have Rx racing jacket lenses. They will continue to make these. Its easier to ask which color instead of all colors for lenses. prizm, new sapphire, all the standard colors. I dont believe torch is available yet.

I have Rx racing jacket lenses. They will continue to make these. Its easier to ask which color instead of all colors for lenses. prizm, new sapphire, all the standard colors. I dont believe torch is available yet.
Are they vented?

yes, vented
Are the vents in you line of sight? Are there any down sides to having vents?
Having spent close to $1000 on rx racing jacket and a pair of rx shades for work
I went into the optometrist and asked if I could leave my rj's there and walk up the road with
the vented pair they have on show, and she said no, so I dont know what vents are like
for everyday use. I do know that I wont be buying new lenses or a pair of rx
Flak 2s there.

I use my RJs strictly for mountain biking. Before I admitted I needed glasses I wore RJs for years mountain biking and the vents didnt bother me, except on super fast DH stuff the wind would come through a bit.
I also have Holbrook Rx (2) and a Flak 2.0 in prizm trail.

Back