• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Racing Jacket PRO - Limited Edition GOLD - wow!

RacingJacketFAN

Oakley Enthusiast
The story is that : …

I purchased this item from a German collector 2 months ago and when I received RJ’s with everything as the sales man described ....but .... the Oakley symbol(letters) in the front (not there ) :( ...
I was thinking that seems a copy in goldish plated color , I was really mad, contacted the guy about 300 times, and he kept faithfull to his story saying that all his items are 100%genuine and that model is a special edition that never had branding and he had no more information about it ...

Next step ,a friend owning a shop sells Oakley perhaps he can help ....went there..
, My friend kept them for few weeks until the O- salesman came to deliver few items and checked my sunglasses and the verdict was : (told by shop owner)

salesman/representative:
** The gold plated Racing jackets were a special edition given to athletes of several countries for the ATHENS 2004 OLYMPICS **

** The non-branding in the front was because back then the NON SPONSORS of the Olympics couldn’t be seen in any of the material ,was not allowed even nowadays some brands are just covered to avoid advertising **

Back then Oakley instead of asking athletes to put a tape on top , released this models without branding in the front **

final question/answer from sales man … ** where the hell you got this…… ** :)

I don’t know if this is a urban mith , if the guy was telling stories , but I have been checking online and seen a similar story , and found photos of athletes using them in 2004 olympics..
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...nu-rennsport-kajak-k1-500m-picture-id52572544

please check the photos and give me your feedback ...
I have added face to face Dark Chrome and Golden Rj’s

what you think guys? Could it be true? Or is a fuc*** copy …… ‘’really hope not’’ …..
They look amazing :D

DSC_0518~2.JPG
DSC_0518~2.JPG back side ! racing ......
DSC_0519~2.JPG
DSC_0519~2.JPG side - no branding - lovely colour....
DSC_0522~2.JPG
DSC_0522~2.JPG Face to face 2 amazing items - ''DARK Chrome vs Gold''
DSC_0516~2.JPG
DSC_0516~2.JPG looking at the new oakley mirror --------
canada oakley racing jacket.jpg
canada oakley racing jacket.jpg they seem the same......

DSC_0518~2.JPG

DSC_0519~2.JPG

DSC_0522~2.JPG

DSC_0516~2.JPG

Regardless of the logo or not, that's an absolute beaut...There's definitely some genuine RJs without the stretched logo on the nose bridge. I personally will not collect those because nowadays anyone can paint the RJs and claim it limited. The importance of the logo on bridge assures to me that the pair is not custom. The logo in the middle, especially on the contours of the RJ is hard to replicate, hence a counterfeit will always be off centered or asymmetrical.

O was clever to incorporate the intake ports on the RJ. Hence, hiding the logo...ingenious and brilliant! Learn something new everyday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regardless of the logo or not, that's an absolute beaut...There's definitely some genuine RJs without the stretched logo on the nose bridge. I personally will not collect those because nowadays anyone can paint the RJs and claim it limited. The importance of the logo on bridge assures to me that the pair is not custom. The logo in the middle, especially on the contours of the RJ is hard to replicate, hence a counterfeit will always be off centered or asymmetrical.

O was clever to incorporate the intake ports on the RJ. Hence, hiding the logo...ingenious and brilliant! Learn something new everyday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet pair for sure! Validation is a bonus. Did you get his card? (Oakley sales rep) oh and good to see you penny honey. Long time.

The story is that : …

I don’t know if this is a urban mith , if the guy was telling stories , but I have been checking online and seen a similar story , and found photos of athletes using them in 2004 olympics..
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...nu-rennsport-kajak-k1-500m-picture-id52572544

]
The myth is real........the athletes wasn't allowed to takes the glasses home, they were supposed to give them back to Oakley after the games . But a few athletes smuggled them out of the Olympic village.

untitled31.png

Latest Posts

Back