• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Racing Jacket vented Jade iridium

marlies

Oakley Beginner
I have a pair of Racing Jacket vented Jade iridium lens, with Matte White frame. I notice there is a set of clear lens that come in the travel case. Are these really lenses? i.e. sunglasses or just clear plastic?

What is the purpose of these?

There appears also to be a cord?

Regards

Welcome to the forum, the clear lenses are for non sun use, and the cord is actually s strap that attaches to the ends of the arms so the glasses don't come off your head. Nice pair of Shades

The clear lenses are optical quality, XYZ optics, HDO technology, still made of high impact resistant plutonite but are just made for riding at night, or early morning. You'd want to wear them for eye protection purposes. You'd hate to go blind if a car near you kicked up a rock at your face!

I have a pair of Racing Jacket vented Jade iridium lens, with Matte White frame. I notice there is a set of clear lens that come in the travel case. Are these really lenses? i.e. sunglasses or just clear plastic?

What is the purpose of these?

There appears also to be a cord?

Regards
Strap will also work on the Crosslink RX styles!!!!

Welcome to the forum, the clear lenses are for non sun use, and the cord is actually s strap that attaches to the ends of the arms so the glasses don't come off your head. Nice pair of Shades
Intended for maximum visibility while offering eye protection would be a better description. They still offer all UV filtering properties while allowing the most amount of pass through light transmission (93%).

Back