• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Racing Jacket Vented Lenses

o8b

Oakley Beginner
I've never worn a pair of glasses with vented lenses, and I'm wondering if you can see light coming in from the vents? On RJs/Jawbones specifically. I'm guessing it's going to have to do with the way the glasses sit on your head, so it's going to be different for everyone, but I'm just trying to get a general idea. Thanks!

I have a pair of black iridium vented racing jackets, and i love the vented lens! Sometimes i can notice the vents, but i wouldnt say the UV protection is diminished.

I just got a pair of Jawbones with the Grey Vented lenses and couldn't stand them. To me it's like having a scratch in the lens that you can see; I'm constantly focusing on it/ the vents. The vents bothered me, but that's my opinion of course.

I ended going into my local Vault and they have two pair of actual Jawbone lenses left: the VR28 Polarized and the Fire Polarized. I got the VR28 Polarized (first VR28 lens I've ever owned/worn other than just trying it on) which I'm pretty sure is my favorite lens I've every worn, but that's a different story.

My guess would be if you think it will bother you, it probably will. I knew it would when I bought the Jawbones but I had intentions on replacing the lenses anyway, I just wanted the frame.

OK, thanks for the input, that's what I was afraid of. Little things like that annoy me, so I think I'll steer clear of the vented lenses. If I can see the light coming in, chances are that it's going to bother me.

It depends :) I have both, and both are good for different purposes. I was playing beach volleyball on Puerto Vallarta last week and I sweat so much that I could notsee anything with my unvented black iridium polarized lenses on my split jacket. Then I switched to the jade iridium vented, and it helped alot.
One of the reason I like full frame sunglasses is that it shield of any light, but sometimes, vented lenses have their purposes.

I wear vented Jawbones all the time and don't even notice the vents anymore. When I first started wearing them, I did notice a little bit of light leak, but it was never really an issue. After a while, you won't even notice they're there anymore. Plus, they look awesome :cool-20:

Go try on a pair and see what you think. That's the only surefire way to know if it's going to bother you.

Well, I ended up buying a pair of Jawbones (from oakleyvault.com) that came with grey vented lenses. I didn't find the vents as annoying as I thought I would, but I still would have preferred non-vented, so I was (luckily) able to track down some new Black Iridium non-vented replacements, and now all is well! Thanks again for the advice.

Back