• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Racing Jackets NZ - any upcoming?

Cliffhanger

Oakley Beginner
Seeing the four core colourways of the Racing Jacket on the Oakley AU and US website -

Interestingly these don't seem to be available in the NZ aftermarket / Oakley Stores (plan on checking Oakley store again soon to update this thread).

Anyone have an idea of when these might become available in the NZ market?

Also curious as to how often Oakley updates the colourways - none of the current frames are entirely floating my boat at the minute.

1649223643539.png

All four of those colorways were released over a year ago. I would say if they haven't made it to NZ officially by now, they probably wont.

As far as colorway updates, The last release of the "new" racing jacket prior to those four was in 2017 so I dont think they are in any big hurry to update this model.

On top of this, these four colorways are nearly identical to the last release but with different secondary lens options. I think they are pretty much phoning it in on these colorways now.

All four of those colorways were released over a year ago. I would say if they haven't made it to NZ officially by now, they probably wont.

As far as colorway updates, The last release of the "new" racing jacket prior to those four was in 2017 so I dont think they are in any big hurry to update this model.

On top of this, these four colorways are nearly identical to the last release but with different secondary lens options. I think they are pretty much phoning it in on these colorways now.
Great info, much appreciated thank you!

I’ve got mine through trademe. I asked Oakley store in queen street and they do not sell these anymore. These have been out of circulation already.

I’ve got mine through trademe. I asked Oakley store in queen street and they do not sell these anymore. These have been out of circulation already.
I actually managed to get some from the Queenstown Oakley store a couple months ago. Weren't on the display shelves though, limited stock out back. Fingers crossed they don't discontinue this banger model !

Back