• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Racing/Water jacket collection.

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
I picked up another pair of bronze water jackets the other day off eBay. The lenses and frames are flawless and it’s a complete set. I couldn’t believe they were listed at BIN for $270.
615F6B08-0A07-43DF-A8B1-5EFCE1E07E76.jpeg

Kind of sparked my interest in Oakley again. I haven’t been able to wear sun glasses for a couple years because of old eyes but just ordered some rx lenses for some Juliet’s from CH. Here is a couple more pics of my jackets.

DCDDFB9C-2573-4EAD-8088-37BDE5D28022.jpeg
50A63C64-DC4B-4D50-AE55-8503D2FB7216.jpeg

Wow! I never even knew these existed. However was recently googling sunglasses for surfing (after a glassy day out the back that was particularly hard on the eyes) and saw the company SeaSpecs makes a model I only now realise is heavily influenced by these...

Thanks everyone. The bengals are probably the coolest ones in there. I have no idea how I ended up with 5 but I’m glad they are in there! I can’t remember who it is but someone here has a pretty amazing collection with a lot more than what I have. Some colors I didn’t even know were out there.

Wow! I never even knew these existed. However was recently googling sunglasses for surfing (after a glassy day out the back that was particularly hard on the eyes) and saw the company SeaSpecs makes a model I only now realise is heavily influenced by these...
I just went and looked up seaspecs, I’d agree they were heavily influenced but the water jackets. They look pretty cool. Did you get a pair?

I just went and looked up seaspecs, I’d agree they were heavily influenced but the water jackets. They look pretty cool. Did you get a pair?
Not yet. Thinking about going two-for-one with a pal. Would obviously rather have the real Oakley's - but wouldn't be taking them in the water if I did anyway! They've got some pretty fun colour options also, like the look of the yellow pair.

Not yet. Thinking about going two-for-one with a pal. Would obviously rather have the real Oakley's - but wouldn't be taking them in the water if I did anyway! They've got some pretty fun colour options also, like the look of the yellow pair.
I wear mine in the water all the time. Salt and fresh. When I was done with them I cleaned them with warm soapy water and no problems. If in salt water I would remove the lenses to make sure I got all the salt off of them.

Back