• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radar EV - Uranium question

IntenseImage

Oakley Enthusiast
I am looking to buy some EVs soon and will most likely go with the Uranium line. From all the pics I've seen the finish is a matte offering ... However, I ran across a set listed as "rare" that are polished.

Can anyone shed some light on these? Legit or not?

Thanks!

The radar ev has just hit OCP though so that's something to check out. Retina burn with sapphire iridium looks like a sweet combination online.

I just saw them on OCP. I'm torn on grabbing those polished ones but they are SO similar to my Electric Limeade Fuelcells I may hold off on uranium for now and will get them in jawbreakers later. Instead go with OCP EVs in silver w black icon and socks and a few lense options (pos red, prizm road, and chrome iridium polar)

I took a chance and picked up a pair of these "rare" polished Uranium Radar EVs as I preferred the gloss look over the factory matte finish. While I'm not sure if it's just a gloss clear coat applied to the matte frame as suggested, comparing it to my Sky Blue/Sapphire EV frames everything appears to be in order (matte frame customized to a gloss finish). Here are some pictures of the frame with Sapphire lenses:

20150706_160209_zpsv3xifhsv.jpg

20150706_155109_zpsmwyyjugy.jpg

20150706_155136_zpsvjlum0zi.jpg

bd05dfd6-40f8-4c37-bbe6-2fda236fdf8a_zpsh2unwby4.jpg

The matte finish can smooth out due to oils and rubbing. It'll happen first at the ear stem tips.

Latest Posts

Back