• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radar fit on face...??

Rhymes

Oakley Enthusiast
I recently bought my first pair of radars and the first day I wore them everything felt perfect and I was I love.

...But now everything I put them on, I'm having a hard time getting used to the nose piece.
It just won't sit right for some reason and I'm not sure if I'm trying to sit them to high on the bridge of my nose or too low but they just don't feel right.

Do these frames and nose prices take some getting used to?

I realize this is an odd and hard question to portray and for that I apologize

There are two nose pieces available for Radars (the asian and regular fit). The asian fit is a bit thicker and makes the glasses sit higher. The regular is slimmer. You might want to check which one you have on there now.

Extra nose pieces are super easy to find. I always throw away the asian fit ones as I use the regular fit ones in all of mine.

Krymes I am a Radar user and lover. I like the original frames the best and own about 25 of them. Just the "Radar" model...no "Lock" or "XL" or anything else. I also notice about 3 different nosepieces too, all in the same size. I say different meaning how they sit on my nose, not that they look or are any different. This sounds strange I know but I've learned to just be patient when I ride with a pair that just doesn't seem to "sit right" on my face, and it eventually settles in. I've come to the conclusion that it's my nose. The nosepiece will eventually (after a few rides) "fit" me. Give it a little time. If your pair came with a spare nosepiece give it a try for a while. Don't get crazy and write off the entire line right away!

If nothing else works and the Asian fit piece isn't right either trythe "Vick Trick": Take a small amount of Vicks Vapo-Rub on your finger and coat the nosepiece with it. Yes, the stuff you put on your chest for congestion. Just slather it on there and then wear them for 2 hours. They will mold to your face permanently and your sinuses will never be clearer.

...okay, I totally made that last part up. Don't do the Vick Trick!!
:stinker:

Krymes I am a Radar user and lover. I like the original frames the best and own about 25 of them. Just the "Radar" model...no "Lock" or "XL" or anything else. I also notice about 3 different nosepieces too, all in the same size. I say different meaning how they sit on my nose, not that they look or are any different. This sounds strange I know but I've learned to just be patient when I ride with a pair that just doesn't seem to "sit right" on my face, and it eventually settles in. I've come to the conclusion that it's my nose. The nosepiece will eventually (after a few rides) "fit" me. Give it a little time. If your pair came with a spare nosepiece give it a try for a while. Don't get crazy and write off the entire line right away!

If nothing else works and the Asian fit piece isn't right either trythe "Vick Trick": Take a small amount of Vicks Vapo-Rub on your finger and coat the nosepiece with it. Yes, the stuff you put on your chest for congestion. Just slather it on there and then wear them for 2 hours. They will mold to your face permanently and your sinuses will never be clearer.

...okay, I totally made that last part up. Don't do the Vick Trick!!
:stinker:

Hey thanks Doug!!

I guess it's just gonna take enough will power and patience to trust them and stop figiting around with them!!

The only counter I have to your reply is that the unubtanium is so grippy and sticks right where it first lands that it wouldn't allow much give or play to settle in.

Hey thanks Doug!!

I guess it's just gonna take enough will power and patience to trust them and stop figiting around with them!!

The only counter I have to your reply is that the unubtanium is so grippy and sticks right where it first lands that it wouldn't allow much give or play to settle in.

You are welcome!

And the unobtainium is doing exactly what it's made to do...but it will settle in a bit after some time.

The important thing is YOUR comfort level with the frames. If they don't settle to your liking and a different nosepiece doesn't do the trick and you feel you have indeed given them a fair shake and enough time and they still don't few right TO YOU...then it will be time to try another model.

And there is no shortage of other Oakley sport frames to try if it comes to that!

:cool-33:

@Krymes lay the glasses flat upside down on a table
are the ear stems out of wack? or do they lay flat on the table?
If the ear stem is tweaked that may be the issue

Back