• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radar Lens Size Discussion

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
Never got this answered in a different thread, but I still need an answer.

Looking for a set of Radars, and I can't find a set of XLs locally to compare them to.

I know the Range doesn't look as clean as the Pitch/Path, but they're the best on me. I'm mainly curious to know if the XL lens adds more peripheral coverage, or if the lens is meant to raise the frame higher on the eyebrows to open up peripheral on top when cycling and having the glasses sit off the face slightly with the head tilted down. The XLs don't look like they flare out toward the cheekbones like the Range do.

I'm looking for added coverage around the bottom and sides of the lenses.

I'm looking at a bare Radar frame on eBay to add 1 or 2 lenses to if I go with Range - matte black frames and G26 and maybe something else.

If only they offered the lenses I want in M-Frame Heater!

You are correct about the XL Blade lens for the Radar. I don't own that one but I do own Pitch and Path lenses for the Radar and find the coverage is great. I don't think the XL Blade has the lower coverage that the Range or M-Frame Heater have.

Oakley says:
Radar XL is a specially designed edition of our coveted Radar eyewear. With an extra 7mm between the nose bridge and the top of the frame, this XL version extends your range of view. It’s a performance advantage for everything from MTB to baseball, and it was originally invented to solve the problem of restricted view in the head-down position when triathletes are digging deep in the Pain locker to bust their own limits.

I figured that was the intent, but still curious how far down they extend. Do they extend as low as the Range but are just a little tighter at the corners, or are they a Pitch with a taller brow?

I haven't worn Radars too extensively, so I'm not sure if I remember being able to see the frame up top. I do know my M-Frames weren't as issue since my nose doesn't sit very deep into the nosepiece.

Do Asian Fit Radars have a different nose, or just a little extra flare at the temples?

Back