• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Radar lenses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Looking for standard Radar lenses in VR 50 Ruby, Ruby, +Red, Ice or Sapphire, Prizm Road (do they make?) or Violet.
Can trade. I have lots of Radarlock lenses and tons of other small parts.

Some people reacted to this post.
You know you can trim the radar lock to fit.

I'm doing that on one. It's actually a lot of cutting.

My Custom Oakley Holbrook w/ chrome iridium polarized lenses started peeling and getting scratched! So when i buy a new pair of Oakley's I don't even wear them with the Oakley lenses. I throw away the lenses they come with. I wear Revant optics.
Revant Optics has EVERY replacement lenses for almost every Oakley, they even have Prizm Polarized. They are scratch proof so you can clean them with your shirt! They are equal if not better than Oakley lenses In My Opinion. They are cheaper than paying $110+ for a piece of plastic that easily scratches, peels, warpes, ect. The Prizm Polarized is called 'Performance Tuned' on the Revant site! check them out you will thank me later! www.revantoptics.com

ehh.

Username Hidden said:
My Custom Oakley Holbrook w/ chrome iridium polarized lenses started peeling and getting scratched! So when i buy a new pair of Oakley's I don't even wear them with the Oakley lenses. I throw away the lenses they come with. I wear Revant optics.
Dam dude, that's harsh to the planet and your wallet to buy a new pair and just toss the lenses which are atleast 1/3 of the retail price of the pair... Why not just frames instead?
I'm sure someone on here would gladly take those lenses off your hands - you could at least recycle them that way instead of going to landfill where it'll take 450 years to decompose... I mean unless you want to leave your mark on the planet in the form of discard new Oakley lenses...

Username Hidden said:
Revant Optics has EVERY replacement lenses for almost every Oakley, they even have Prizm Polarized. They are scratch proof so you can clean them with your shirt! They are equal if not better than Oakley lenses In My Opinion. They are cheaper than paying $110+ for a piece of plastic that easily scratches, peels, warpes, ect. The Prizm Polarized is called 'Performance Tuned' on the Revant site! check them out you will thank me later! www.revantoptics.com
I was under the impression they were only scratch resistance? Scratch proof sounds way too advance for the chump's change they charge per set. If they're really scratch proof I may have to consider picking up some, that way I don't need to carry around a bag. Instead I'll just use the dry parts of my 40's paper bag...

I know the O-Forum would love a review of just how scratch proof the Revant lenses are, you could start with a shirt and move up to more abrasive things, till you get a belt sander or maybe that won't even scratch them, may have to pull out a 50 caliber

Bump .

Username Hidden said:

WTF? Lol
Lenses don’t scratch themselves and they prolly started peeling from the giant scratch from cleaning them with your shirt.
No lenses are scratch proof. Think about it... None
All your doing is trading optical quality for your self admitted poor cleaning and care habits.

Most people that have been around here for a long time have had a lens peel at least once. It happens. Sucks it happen to you so soon tho and turned you off so fast.
Try and give OEM lenses another chance brother. Stick with the proven superior optics of Oakley and take good care of them.

Still looking?

Username Hidden said:
Still looking?
Im all Radar'd out fr now thanks. Unless you have a VR50 Ruby Safehouse