• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Radar Range Blue Iridium Lens

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
These don't look like ev to me actually. No vents. But could be radar or radarlock?

I think the new ones are EV, but that pic looks like Radarlocks

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Sorry for the dumb question (I’m new to radars), but would these fit the kokoro radars? I think they are EV

View attachment 759364
106665795_571051850224482_3238484808492684185_n.jpg

The Radar EV has no parts that are compatible with the Radarlock model.

Model shown in photo is of a Radarlock not an EV.

However the KoKoRo Collection offers both of those models along with couple other... there might be more but idk them

Radar EV
Radarlock
Jawbreaker
EV Zero Blade
Sutro

107093948_313161203184322_8181269159901767910_n.jpg
Photo Credit - @Markman69

Username Hidden said:
@Nucchem the range shape is the largest, followed by pitch. For something like a Romeo or larger the path shape wouldn't work.

That being said the base curve isn't correct for a Romeo, but sounds like I can make it work.... Would better fit a Juliet @Smiley xx X-Metal or pit boss :)
Is the Radar Range as I understand is suppose to be like the heater lens of m-frames, in that it has large swooping wide blinders. Do you know if they're larger than the Radar Blade XL lens?

They should work okay for an R1 donor despite the wrong BC, based on the number of recent Radar/Radarlock shields I've been cutting for Jawbone/Splits

Pitch is preferable but Path's have turned out okay results as well, did one XL Blade Radar lens an that one was effortless - so much room for activities. Downside is any etching on them is typically retained partially on the Path's. I suspect by the more rounded edge of the R1 you could probably escape that issue when presented.

Last edited:
Bump

Username Hidden said:
Is the Radar Range as I understand is suppose to be like the heater lens of m-frames, in that it has large swooping wide blinders. Do you know if they're larger than the Radar Blade XL lens?

I guess you could say that they are like Heaters in that sense. But they are not that much larger than Paths or Pitch lenses. They just extend further to the sides than Path.

They should not be larger than the XLs as the XLs are taller requiring a different nose bridge

Username Hidden said:
I guess you could say that they are like Heaters in that sense. But they are not that much larger than Paths or Pitch lenses. They just extend further to the sides than Path.

They should not be larger than the XLs as the XLs are taller requiring a different nose bridge
Fair point, I should have clarified my question a bit - I understand the XL is vertically larger than the Range and overall would sit between pitch & XL in terms of actual size...

Path lens bottom edge is concave
Pitch lens bottom edge bows out
XL Blade bottom edge fairly straight
Range lens bottom edge bows out and flares out

Although because the range sweeps outwards whereas the XL blade is straight cut edges. Does the range actually provide a wider usable surface area than the XL?

Username Hidden said:
Fair point, I should have clarified my question a bit - I understand the XL is vertically larger than the Range and overall would sit between pitch & XL in terms of actual size...

Path lens bottom edge is concave
Pitch lens bottom edge bows out
XL Blade bottom edge fairly straight
Range lens bottom edge bows out and flares out

Although because the range sweeps outwards whereas the XL blade is straight cut edges. Does the range actually provide a wider usable surface area than the XL?
I don't have a Range handy at the moment but I think XL has more overall coverage.

Available

Bump for great seller - this lens is amazing in person.

Snag it while you can :)

Username Hidden said:
Bump for great seller - this lens is amazing in person.

Snag it while you can :)

Thanks brother. Glad you’re happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.