• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radar vs. Radarlock vs. Radar EV Poll

Which do you prefer:

• Radar

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Radarlock

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Radar EV

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Robert Willis

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Radar range for me. And Radarlock arms scratch the inside of the Lense when closing so no love lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Damn. I've never had a radar. I wanna get one but not sure which lense shape will work best

Path, Pitch, Range (in order from smallest to largest shape).

Straight arm, regular, AF (in order from tightest frame to loosest)

If you need bigger you can always look for a Radar XL. Same frame, different (longer) plastic nosepiece

EV.

I could imagine it doesn't work for every single head shape, but I guess on "average" and for myself, its the best execution. Aims to provide the most practical viewing range without being over-sized like an XL.

The Radarlock looks the coolest imo. I think the swapping mech got too much criticism when it did work fine, if not cleaner than the original, but the resulting viewing range does take away from such a functional gain. Short earsock design was a bad idea, too.

Original Radar stands tried and true. It's telling by how the EV went back to reusing most of the elements. I'm always teetering going after an Antifreeze XL. But yeah, functionally while the EV was arguably a bunch of tweaks, I find it was all the right tweaks — which is why I have it at the top in this family.

Original Radar stands tried and true.
Maybe it's just my example, but swapping lenses on a Radar is a pointed pain in the buttocks.
It invariably results in a lens covered in fingerprints from the effort, so I seldom swap 'em...
The 'Lock, OTOH, is a cool breeze to swap, but I question the longevity of the mechanism.
I believe in the maxim "Simple is best", so it's M Frame, Radar, the Radarlock for my dollar.
I have never tempted myself with EV, the others are just too good, and I'm just too cheap to need the "newest and bestest". (Same for Jawbreaker).
:crazypilot:

Back