• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

radarlock asia fit vs radarlock standard

mitchell

Oakley Beginner
I've recently purchased a pair of black radarlock glasses with shallow water prizm lenses and deep water prizm lenses. at the time of purchase i was under the impression that the lenses where an infield baseball lense. now i have ordered a baseball sense. and i am wanting to return the frame and lenses and case that it all came with(they were quite expensive, 430 cad.) and order a pair of black radarlocks with a golf prizm lens.(online they are only 250 dollars, with the case and only the golf lens) the problem is i really like the frame i have now with is the all black polished, and the only radarlock that comes in all black and the golf lens is in an asia fit model. I'm wondering how different they are in these models. I've read some threads that say they are identical and some say the nose piece is slightly different. these standard ones i have now fit my face perfectly but again, i really like the all black frame. any insight would be helpful
thanks in advance

Both standard and Asia fit Radarlock are identical. The only difference is the nose bombs they come installed with. The Asian ones have the thicker ones. The standard have the thinner ones. But they include the other type as well in the box so you can switch them around. Essentially giving you the ability to turn a regular fit into asia fit and viceversa.

Btw...there are TONS of cheaper options online than the prices you paid.

you might want to try golfing with your baseball lens before you pay for the golf lens. I have both and prefer to golf with my Prizm Field (previously known as Prizm Baseball Outfield) lens instead. the golf lens is very light and most golfers I know don't like it on sunny days and use the baseball lens instead. the Prizm Field lens is still bright enough on cloudy days even though it is designed to see balls in the sunny sky.

Don't mean to bring this back to life...I got an Asian pair of Radarlocks and the nose bombs make it super uncomfortable. I saw some on Oakley's website, but they only sell single pairs. I assume these are the smaller, standard ones? They currently close the nose bridge a bit too much so they end up sitting high on my nose, which is rather uncomfortable. Frames are identical, correct? Just wanted to be sure before heading out to the store :)

@Rcga32

Don't mean to bring this back to life...I got an Asian pair of Radarlocks and the nose bombs make it super uncomfortable. I saw some on Oakley's website, but they only sell single pairs. I assume these are the smaller, standard ones? They currently close the nose bridge a bit too much so they end up sitting high on my nose, which is rather uncomfortable. Frames are identical, correct? Just wanted to be sure before heading out to the store :)

@Rcga32

Only difference is the nose bomb. The AF one is the thick one. The regular fit is the slimmer one.
Also Radar, Radar EV, EV and Radarlock all use the same nose bombs.

You can always buy a set of earsocks for $13 and they include both the regular fit and the AF in the package.

But it wouldn't hurt to just ask the guys at the store if they have any loose ones. My local store has tons of them in a bag from when people do OCP or just swap stuff around.
I have been able to get a lot like these...

Only difference is the nose bomb. The AF one is the thick one. The regular fit is the slimmer one.
Also Radar, Radar EV, EV and Radarlock all use the same nose bombs.

You can always buy a set of earsocks for $13 and they include both the regular fit and the AF in the package.

But it wouldn't hurt to just ask the guys at the store if they have any loose ones. My local store has tons of them in a bag from when people do OCP or just swap stuff around.
I have been able to get a lot like these...
Perfect! I'll try the set on Amazon. Can't beat 2 day shipping and returns. If that doesn't work, a trip to the vault doesn't hurt :). Appreciate the response

Back