• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radarlock Asian Fit question - doesn't make sense

jrhoads23

Oakley Beginner
I have done a search and found a number of threads that describe how the Radarlock Asian Fit is the same as the Standard Fit - just the nose bomb is different (frame is the same, lenses are the same, ... correct me if I am wrong)
Radar EV however have more differences between the Asian Fit and Standard Fit

If this is the case with the Radarlocks, then why does Oakley market certain models as "Asian Fit"? Don't all sunglasses from them come with two nose bombs: one for Standard and one for Asian? If that's the case, then every pair of Radarlocks would technically be Asian Fit, and every pair would also be Standard Fit as well - just depending on what nose bomb you install. It seems dumb to me that Oakley would market a specific style as "Asian Fit" when it may turn off people not looking for that fit - and not knowing that all they would need to do is swap out the nose bomb?

Am I missing something?

I have done a search and found a number of threads that describe how the Radarlock Asian Fit is the same as the Standard Fit - just the nose bomb is different (frame is the same, lenses are the same, ... correct me if I am wrong)

If this is the case with the Radarlocks, then why does Oakley market certain models as "Asian Fit"? Don't all sunglasses from them come with two nose bombs: one for Standard and one for Asian? If that's the case, then every pair of Radarlocks would technically be Asian Fit, and every pair would also be Standard Fit as well - just depending on what nose bomb you install. It seems dumb to me that Oakley would market a specific style as "Asian Fit" when it may turn off people not looking for that fit - and not knowing that all they would need to do is swap out the nose bomb?

Am I missing something?

Correct. Radarlock Asian and regular fit are identical except they are regular when used with the thin nose bombs and AF when used with the thick ones. No other difference.

As to why they market that specific model like that... I have no clue.
As you mentioned Radar EVs (and original Radars as well) differ in more areas than just the nose bombs.

Am I missing something?
Correct. Radarlock Asian and regular fit are identical except they are regular when used with the thin nose bombs and AF when used with the thick ones. No other difference.

As to why they market that specific model like that... I have no clue.
As you mentioned Radar EVs (and original Radars as well) differ in more areas than just the nose bombs.
I think it’s just the specific colour combinations that separate normal from Asia Fit. Maybe they did research to see what custom pairs sold the most in Asian countries. I’m just guessing that because that’s what they did with the Japanese only releases for the juliets (that had titanium clear lenses).

I own the TDF Radarlock version and yes they do look the same whether it is SF or AF. The only main difference is the nose rubbers. AF rubbers tend to be longer and thicker to compensate for smaller noses. The frame and lens all have the same dimensions. And yes they always come with extra rubber nose even if you order SF and or AF. They should only sell the SF version and include the AF rubbers just in case. Keeping it simple.

Back