• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radarlock Demonstration

Nice video thanks, my only problem is that the regular radar only takes that long for me to switch the lenses so what's the benefit of the new style?

Yeah I know I was thinking the same thing. There really isn't that much of a difference except it looks like popping the nose piece back may be a little easier but that's about it.

The only reason for the Switchlock to be incorporated into the Radar that I can think of, has to be to reduce stress on the lens during lens changes. Not to make it any quicker though. But that's just my 2 cents

The only reason for the Switchlock to be incorporated into the Radar that I can think of, has to be to reduce stress on the lens during lens changes. Not to make it any quicker though. But that's just my 2 cents

I believe you have hit the nail on the head sander! That is the benefit of Switchlock technology.

Honestly I've never seen a Radar crack from stress so I don't know if that's really an added benefit or not.

Switchlock is a good idea but with how long it takes to fiddle with it you could've just as easily changed the lenses already on a regular pair.

They should have made it so you can swap the lens with the frame still on your face IMO. No added benefit in my eyes, the nose piece was the worst part about changing the Radar lens and the R-Lock still uses it.

Honestly I've never seen a Radar crack from stress so I don't know if that's really an added benefit or not.

Switchlock is a good idea but with how long it takes to fiddle with it you could've just as easily changed the lenses already on a regular pair.

Switchlock was intended to improve optical clarity by relieving stress on the lens.

Switchlock was intended to improve optical clarity by relieving stress on the lens.

That may be the case but the lens is still contacting the frame at the same points and in the same way as the old radar, these are pointless in my eyes, they just want people to think they are great and new and spend money (who blames them $$$$$$)

Latest Posts

Back