• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radarlock frame size?

santmyre

Oakley Enthusiast
Indiana
I have a question on the size of the radarlock frame. I'm debating on building an OCP Radarlock. I never tried one on but in pics it seems like they always look super wide on peoples heads? Maybe that lends to the hammer type stems? I wear mainly Radar EV's and from what I found they're both the same width in frame but dont seem to look that way on peoples heads? Can someone help me out.

Don't want to order a sub $300 custom if it looks goofy.

You can always try and find a straight stem Radarlock since those sit tighter but I don't think they are available via OCP.

Having bought a ton of them over the years I'm not sure I would pay full MSRP for them. Especially with so many good deals around.

I never knew they offered different stems? Do you have a picture comparison?

Just like original Radars. The straight stem versions usually came stock with smaller Edge lenses instead of Path or Pitch. Targeted more to women and kids. Then there are the athlete only Safehouse models that mostly came in straight stem.

Not my pics below but should give you an idea.

Regular stem
djdjrk.jpg

Straight stem

es jd.jpg

Meh, I guess its not that big of a difference. Seeing as though I look good in Radar EV's and they both are 138mm wide then I guess it shouldnt be a problem. You think going with Pitch instead of Path would lend well to make them look more squared off? Thanks for the help also.

It'll just look larger with the Pitch. Oh and it might not be a big difference but you can feel it sit a bit tighter.

I debated on a pair of Radarlocks sometime last year. Mostly wear Mframes and wanted something else to the collection. Received some informative assistance from some fine folks here and I went for it and have been most pleased. They don't stick out like I thought they would. They don't make my head look tiny. I have what I'd consider a medium sized head. Bought a few too many actually and am getting ready to sell a couple and a handful of lenses. I never have liked the way the original Radars or the EVs looked on me.

ive got a giant head and bought mine specifically for golf (6 to 7 years ago?) they fit well for that purpose, and no other golf specific frames fit me when I was looking back then. For most people it will be oversized.

Back