• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radarlock lens problem

Casey

Oakley Beginner
Hi, new Radarlock drams with several lenses. I can't get them seated well and the frames are uneven. The lens does not seat well on the right (no locking) temple side. Very frustrating!! Any tricks to this?

Here's how I do it:

- Hold the frames in your left hand with them facing you, i.e. opposite direction than if you're wearing them.

- Insert the tab on the non-locking side with the lenses pivoted down about 45 degrees relative to the frame.

- Rotate the lens up into position.

- Snap the nosebridge onto the lens, ensuring the top of the lens goes into the groove in the frame. This is the step where you can verify that you properly inserted the tab earlier, the nosebridge won't line up properly if you didn't.

- Close the locking hinge on the other side.

Usually that's all there is to it. The first few times I did lens swaps, sometimes I'd end up with something being misaligned. Giving the frames a slight twist popped things into place (as in lifting up on one earstem while pushing down on the other, then the same in the opposite directions). I think what was happening was on the locking side, the frame tab wasn't properly aligned, and that was just due to lack of experience. I haven't had any problems with that ever since.

Here's how I do it:

- Hold the frames in your left hand with them facing you, i.e. opposite direction than if you're wearing them.

- Insert the tab on the non-locking side with the lenses pivoted down about 45 degrees relative to the frame.

- Rotate the lens up into position.

- Snap the nosebridge onto the lens, ensuring the top of the lens goes into the groove in the frame. This is the step where you can verify that you properly inserted the tab earlier, the nosebridge won't line up properly if you didn't.

- Close the locking hinge on the other side.

Usually that's all there is to it. The first few times I did lens swaps, sometimes I'd end up with something being misaligned. Giving the frames a slight twist popped things into place (as in lifting up on one earstem while pushing down on the other, then the same in the opposite directions). I think what was happening was on the locking side, the frame tab wasn't properly aligned, and that was just due to lack of experience. I haven't had any problems with that ever since.
Thanks for your suggestions! Very helpful. I'll give that a go and let you know if I still have an issue. I didn't want to force the lens.

It is possible, though, that lenses come with a poor finish. Had that for one of my RL lenses. Shaved the tab down carefully.

It is possible, though, that lenses come with a poor finish. Had that for one of my RL lenses. Shaved the tab down carefully.
This.

Once I bought a RL at my local Vault and try as I might I couldn't get it to sit right (the frame would look twisted). Even the guys in the store couldn't. So they just went and got me a different pair. Must have been one that slipped through QC.

Back