• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radarlock Lens Tint Experiences

Oaks 'Between The Hedges'

The OF Boogeyman 👹
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I've recently acquired a couple radarlock and some various lenses. I am definitely loving the versatility of being able to easily change lenses as conditions and environments change. I used a vr28 blue iridium for the first time last Saturday, hiking some trails. I was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked it on the trails. I got a new pair yesterday with a prizm golf lens and that lens was amazing just lookin around in my back yard for a few minutes. I could tell the different types of grass, so now I know exactly where to spray, lol.

With that in mind I have began wondering what all the other newer lens tints are like. Prizm trail comes to mind first because I hike a lot. But there's prizm road, prizm infield & outfield, prizm torch I recall seeing in marketing before. I don't have much experience with the newer stuff. If you have any pics or stories to share about your experiences with different lens tints I would love to see & hear them.

Also, what exactly is out there for radarlock?

Lenses I have acquired thus far...
Ice iridium
Black iridium
Chrome iridium polarized
Vr28
Vr28 blue iridium
Prizm golf
Slate iridium
* fire iridium polarized is in transit

Deep water prizm is a must
08e331426a1068bc1e40e03bed5ab3b5.jpg

I love G40 and Ruby VR50 Photochromic on my Radarlock.

If you like Prizm Golf you’ll love prizm road too! Prizm Ruby is a sweet lens but not sure if it’s available for Radarlock
I definitely want to try the prizm road and prizm trail. I think I seen prizm ruby on the Oakley site. I have a prizm ruby set in a gascan, it's a nice tint.

I've got a lens here that I was told was vr28. I have vr28 bi and vr28 bip in different frames, but I don't have just vr28. It has 'photochromic' etched at the bottom. I also have zero experience with photochromic lenses. It pretty much seems to maintain the same level of tint to me. I can't tell if it gets darker or not. Is this a vr28 photochromic lens?
20200808_082055.jpg
20200808_082209.jpg
20200808_082117.jpg

I'm about to set out on a hike and thought about trying that lens out being as it's very cloudy and overcast this morning but it doesn't really offer much contrast. I think I'm gonna go with the prizm golf instead...
20200808_083012.jpg
20200808_083034.jpg

I like the contrast I get with it.

I have prizm trail, road, and field all on the way, so I'm anxious to try those out. The versatility and usefulness of the radarlock is fantastic! Folks like to complain a lot about Lux Oakley but in regards to innovation with lens optics, they're doing some incredible things. I didn't realize how specific the various prizm tints are and just how much they actually work as they're intended. I can literally tell the different types of grass from each other with the prizm golf lens! I can't wait to use those other three prizms I have coming 😃

That being said, old school gold iridium is still one of my top lens tints!

Y'all have a great weekend!

I've recently acquired a couple radarlock and some various lenses. I am definitely loving the versatility of being able to easily change lenses as conditions and environments change. I used a vr28 blue iridium for the first time last Saturday, hiking some trails. I was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked it on the trails. I got a new pair yesterday with a prizm golf lens and that lens was amazing just lookin around in my back yard for a few minutes. I could tell the different types of grass, so now I know exactly where to spray, lol.
Please don't use chemicals in gardens ...... 🙏

Butterfly Lives Matter !

Latest Posts

Back