• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radarlock Path Clear Frame

upgraded

124D768E-F1BC-415E-8A42-18EBBAAE39B1.jpeg

106C9485-DF90-45DC-B15E-360A6256D712.jpeg

9DF566AE-A57E-479C-807D-65FC432215E5.jpeg

I just found a silver Radarlock (the one with ice lens) as pictured on page one. :)

Now about the nail polish remover. I once tried to de-paint a jawbone frame by soaking it in non-acetone nailpolish remover. Result: The frame first became extremely flexible, but hardened up after drying and then was extreme creaky. Ended up binning the frame.

So... acetone based or non-acetone based for the clearing? And can I just let it soak for a day, two days... ?

So, one year later... clearing did not work out at all.

So... trying something else now. Cause what I did find out is this: If I throw the amorphous (clear) frame in boiling water, it turns milky (crystalline), which looks weirdly cool.
TRIM_20231114_192159_000000.jpg

TRIM_20231114_192159_000007.jpg

(sorry for the fogged up second picture🙂).

Upon cooling down however, it quickly turns clear again. The proces seems to be repeateable indefinitely.

My question: Is there any way I can fixate this frame in its milky crystalline state?

Cheers, Lars

Last edited:
Not quote there yet.. A lot of the paint still refuses to be wiped off after soaking in nail polish remover, some of the paint is in unreachable spots... and quite a Lot of the clear material is not clear at all... but milky.🙁

View attachment 1020786
Don't soak any o matter in acetone for too long. Your frame will weaken drastically. You may not be able to tell visually but in some cases they crack..sometimes everywhere..eventually they'll break on you in use. It's not easy clearing radarlocks due to some of the hard to get to places but with some elbow grease and time It all.comes off. If you are having issues with a cloudy frame as a result. Use a high gloss automotive clear. It'll.clear it up fast.

Personally I enjoyed clearing jawbones and monster dogs which were so rediclously easy that it's almost meant to be.

By the way for jawbones. A bmx isn't the only option for a transparent frame.. jumper camo ones...yet more difficult can also be cleared..

Don't soak any o matter in acetone for too long. Your frame will weaken drastically. You may not be able to tell visually but in some cases they crack..sometimes everywhere..eventually they'll break on you in use. It's not easy clearing radarlocks due to some of the hard to get to places but with some elbow grease and time It all.comes off. If you are having issues with a cloudy frame as a result. Use a high gloss automotive clear. It'll.clear it up fast.

Personally I enjoyed clearing jawbones and monster dogs which were so rediclously easy that it's almost meant to be.

By the way for jawbones. A bmx isn't the only option for a transparent frame.. jumper camo ones...yet more difficult can also be cleared..

Interesting! I definitely would like a pair of clear and or frosted Oakleys at some point. I have a couple Monster Dogs already…don’t have a pair of Jawbones yet…🤔

Back