• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radarlock White-Purple (Violet Iridium) - Question

Eddy Wally

Oakley Beginner
First of all let me tell you i'm not a huge sunglass fanatic, i have owned 3 in my entire life (all Oakley's btw).
Recently i'm starting to wear them more... i'm almost hitting 30 and let just say my eyes are not as pretty as they used to.

Today i bought these for 200 euro's in the Netherlands, seller kept telling they were for men but i'm not so sure about it, i mean i do like the glasses but the logo on the side seems a bit feminine, its almost pink, should be purple like the temples imo.
They had like 40 different glasses but almost all of them had something that i didn't like for example no logo on the side/lens not reflecting enough/completely matte color/too wide/thin temples.
I thought by myself if they had kept some designs a bit more simple i would've bought half of that store.

What if i want to have a different color lens/temples in a couple months, what would cost something like that? Or would i be better off buying new ones? Would it be possible to change the color of the O?

What do you guys think? Can a straight tall skinny white dude pull these off? Casually, not just at some party/festival.

oakl.jpg
oakl2.jpg
oakl3.jpg
Oakl4.jpg

That Radarlock is a Radarlock Edge. It is typically marketed for women. Edge is the name for the lens shape (the other larger ones are Path and Pitch). And these have straight ear stems which fit tighter to the sides of the head than regular Radarlocks.

As far as swapping items on them, replacement earsocks and nosepads are readily available in many colors (although most of the replacement kits will have black nosepads regardless of the earsock color) from Oakley. Lenses are also readily available and easily swapped.

Icons are a different story as Oakley doesn't sell those separately and they are glued on. They are relatively easy to remove but you would need to source replacements via eBay or from a donor pair.

And, in my opinion, 200 euro is too much to pay for that particular one.

I respect you guys honesty but i feel kinda hurt at the same time, especially because i not really liked the other ones from that store plus its not really that close to me.
Keep in mind that we are talking about a skinny European here, for some that might be a difference.

If these are really for females then i think i have to return, its not llike i'm transphobic/homophobic or anything.
I just don't want to look too soft since my body type already looks like a young Kevin Durant.

Latest Posts

Back