• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radarlock White-Purple (Violet Iridium) - Question

That Radarlock is a Radarlock Edge. It is typically marketed for women. Edge is the name for the lens shape (the other larger ones are Path and Pitch). And these have straight ear stems which fit tighter to the sides of the head than regular Radarlocks.

As far as swapping items on them, replacement earsocks and nosepads are readily available in many colors (although most of the replacement kits will have black nosepads regardless of the earsock color) from Oakley. Lenses are also readily available and easily swapped.

Icons are a different story as Oakley doesn't sell those separately and they are glued on. They are relatively easy to remove but you would need to source replacements via eBay or from a donor pair.

And, in my opinion, 200 euro is too much to pay for that particular one.

Marketed as in "only" or also?

Are we talking about the same thing? I mean the front side of the glasses around the nose, which other people can see. Would it look nicer if that part was White too or would it look even more feminine?

The icons can't be paint in a different color? I do know some (car-)painters.

It was 240 actually but i got a discount because they opened exactly 4 years ago.
Don't forget that most American products (especially things you wear) are more expensive in Northwestern Europe than anywhere in the world.

Of course you can... Pics would help. But yes.

oak1.jpg

oak2.jpg

oak3.jpg

oak4.jpg

If these really are for women... why did that female seller kept saying it was not, i understand she wants to sell but i already promised her that i wouldn't leave the store without any as soon as i came in.
I feel somewhat betrayed but i would like to see a couple more reactions first before i take any steps.

IMO I would say that its the white frame that doesnt suit your face. Not the purple or the shape of the shades.

I never look good in white frames. I just avoid them

How much did you pay for them?

If they were mine I would just paint them, but only if I got a really good deal, otherwise, I woud return them.

IMO I would say that its the white frame that doesnt suit your face. Not the purple or the shape of the shades.

I never look good in white frames. I just avoid them

How much did you pay for them?

If they were mine I would just paint them, but only if I got a really good deal, otherwise, I woud return them.

200, got a 40 euro discount.

I do have some white frame/black lens.half jacket Oakley sunglasses from 10 years ago and they look fine on me (a bit on the small side)... could it be this model that doesn't suit my face?
I don't think they look bad on me, just not great... might feel more confident after wearing them a couple times, not feeling to return these to the store yet because its almost a 1 hour drive, I already got a limited discount and because of that discount i think they won't give me cash back... will probably let me choose something else but like i said before there were no other ones that i really liked.

Back