• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

RadarLocks: Path Vs. Pitch?

eldiablojoe

Oakley Beginner
Okay- I need help with some decision making. Oakley Radarlocks: Path vs. Pitch.

I'm strongly considering adding one pair of Radars to my growing collection. I LOVE the switch lock technology, the way I don't have to flex the frames and put pressure on the lens surfaces to swap lenses.

I also really like polarized lenses for bright light.

So, what is the difference between RadarLock Pitch and RadarLock Path? Is it the vertical height of the lens surface?

How do they differ from the Radar (non Lock) Range? Why isn't there a RadarLock Range?

As an aside, I'm surprised that neither the RadarLocks nor the Fast Jacket have hydrophobic lenses, since they are primarily for athletes and for wear while sweating (cycling, running, etc.).

Finally are there any rumors or conventional wisdom about when they will be available in more frame variations. I would prefer something more neutral, like a glossy black frame.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
The difference in Path vs Pitch is the corners of the lens. If you look closely you will see that Path curves up in the corners near the cheek making it smaller than Path. Which squares off in that area. No Range (yet) because it is the least bought option of the 3. So I agree that if you like Flak Jacket, Path would probably be a good choice.

In terms of Hydrophobic Oakley is working on a way to bring it back at some point.

If you have high cheekbones, avoid the Pitch. I had to return them and reorder the Path, as the lower corners of the lens were hitting my cheekbones. In this respect, they fit pretty much like the regular Radars (I should have known, since the regular Radar Path also fits me better than the Pitch).

I wasn't aware of the lenses being non-HP. I wonder if applying Oakley's Nanoclear HP treatment to the Locks would be a good solution to this. Also, as I we discussed in another thread, the regular Radar Path (NOT the Pitch) lenses more or less fit the Lock frame, so you can get extra lenses that are HP.

Great info guys, thank you very much. I am leaning toward the Path. Are the lenses interchangeable (Path lenses fit into Pitch frames?) like the Flak Jackets where the frames can take both regular lenses and XLJ lenses?

All Radars (path, pitch, and range) have the same frame. There is a frame with a wider gap between the top of the frame and the nosepiece, which is the Radar XL. I do not know if the new Radarlock frames will work with older lenses or vice-versa. I have the path lense and they are awesome, highly recommend!

the regular radar path lenses SORTOF fit into a radarlock frame.... but the nosepiece doesnt quite clip up properly (radar nosepiece clip is narrower than radarlock). i was having a look and its feasible to cut it marginally so that it would sit perfectly in a radarlock frame.

Latest Posts

Back