• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rampant Post Whoring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this forum have any rule against post whoring? 500 ish posts in three weeks, and most are bullshit? It's annoying to see a thread taken off topic, or have a conversation started in it when it has nothing or very little to do with that thread. Nothing lamer than seeing a for sale thread with "GLWS" posted in it five times, or one member that feels the need to post that in half the for sale threads.
I know some members are n00bz, obviously to forums in general, but why does this go on? I am probably guilty of some lame replies with lack of content, but not 500 of them in three weeks. Do these n00bz feel that if they have a really high post count that they will be taken more seriously? Or is it just rampant perpetual post whoring to get to the magical 1500 mark to get to change your user title?
There was a point in time on a different forum that I had the ability to change issues like this. When I would run into a rampant post whore, nothing was more enjoyable than resetting the post count to 20. Then you would receive an email saying "I lost my post count!!!" A simple explaination that it was reset to reflect the valuable content that was provided, and the 98% that was BS are no longer reflected in your post count. This usually ended it immediately. Just my 2¢. /rant

I literally almost replied "lol" because I do agree but didn't want to write three letters after your rant opposing such posts. I think a lot of new people just want to make enough to see the exchange thread. I am guilty of the glws but usually add that I would love to buy the item or that i too have one, etc. Resetting the post count on bs members would be funny but idk how the boss feels about that. And I didn't know about this magical 1500 post ceremonial naming, pretty cool.

nothing more annoying to see post whores, especially in sales threads (posts like "nice"and "glws" annoy the heck out of me). there are a lot of post whores here, maybe because they think it adds to their e-credibility, but it doesn't. I'd rather deal with someone who has little post that has been here long and has good feedback, rather than someone with a million posts that are all garbage and still is new to the forum.

at the end of the day, nothing we can do about it, because post whores are really post whores and there's no stopping them.

While we are on topic I am going to whore one up for myself. Now I am at 700 on my 1 year forum anniversary!!! :party:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back